naw little cutie, i ain't drinkin, but scope this i was just thinkin'
You know what I'm sensing?
Yep. I'm sensing you all are totally aching to have one of my random, "which way is she going now" kinda posts. Because I truly wish to cater to you, my pumpkins, I give you the following. Suit up and strap in.
btw, FTN? This post is going to be pregnant with links. I'm talking septuplet quality, because I know how you know I love it, and it's been awhile since I gave the linky love. I mean, a week's a long time. Not as long as some things, but that's a full fledged post idea right there.
- I learned today that Prince is launching a new scent soon. Calling it "perfume" is apparently not high class enough. Honestly, after reading the product description, I'm still confused as to what it will smell like. I hope it doesn't smell of sweat. With Prince, you kind of want it to smell like sex. Not the kind of sex smell my college friend's dorm room would cloud over with after she'd lock herself and her boyfriend in it for a weekend. God no! But something like sex and, oh, I don't know. Feathers. Sure.
- Why can't celebrities just do one or two things and do them well? Why, why, why do we really need a line of Prince scents? Because honestly? Prince, you should really spend more time concentrating on the music lately. Why can't Jennifer Lopez just sing and/or dance and nothing else? Must she have 25 perfumes and a line of sunglasses? Is this necessary? Or is it that my raging jealousy at the fact that I get worn out just getting out of bed some days - and only getting out of bed - is slipping?
- Sure, I believe Prince stops through here from time to time and wants my opinion on his efforts. I also believe in fairies and trolls. Whatever.
- When motoring around the villas and luxurious countrysides of your homeland with your young, impressionable child - a child who memorized and performed a grand rendition of the Pointer Sister's "I'm So Excited" after picking it up off a TV show earlier in the day - remind yourself that it's a good idea to skip past NIN's "Closer" when it ques up on the iPod. Remind yourself of this before you hit the 2 minute mark in the song (Desmond - if you're out there, I just recommend you not click the link on that last song and keep reading on...).
- After fast-forwarding to something sweet and pure, like this, be sure to look in the backseat and assure yourself of two things. First, that this child who normally never shuts up (EVER!) is actually in the vehicle with you. Because he was pretty quiet during that NIN tune and you really don't want him asking about that animal part at preschool summer camp next week. Second, ponder if it's normal to be so musically eclectic. Then start that ABBA tune again and rock it, baby!
- I had a raging case of procrastination Wednesday. Raging! Rather than do the job I had before me, I searched "procrastination" on YouTube. Nearly 1,000 entries for that tag. Seriously, this fact assures me that I'm actually more productive than I think I am.
- Sadly, part of my procrastination time on YouTube was prompted by the Barbie Girl link CH sent me. It was to my dismay I discovered the stunning number of knock off Barbie Girl clips there are. Almost all done by guys. My question is how they decided which dude would get the girl part. And how does a girl like me pick her favorite.
- Jack Bauer never stops to eat, pee, charge a cell phone or change clothes. However, between tearing out a terrorist's throat with his mighty teeth, he apparently has time to pimp for Degree antiperspirant. Alas, I actually found these little clips to be better than the truly lame season 6 finale last week.
- Have I mentioned I have a procrastination issue? It's so hardcore that I actually killed off 15 minutes at work tonight wondering if we, as a society of women who wear clothes, just can't get past the need to spread words like "pink" and "sexy" across our asses.
- AA batteries, not diamonds, are truly a girl's best friend. AA batteries actually made of diamonds, though, would totally kick ass.
- Why do some people feel the need to explain their purchase to me? I truly don't need to know why you're buying this. Truly. I don't even know your name (unless you pay by check, and if you do, seriously, consider joining us here in the 21st Century and get a debit card). Do I really need to know your intent? However, I do kind of want to know how this diet plan works for you. Purely so I can decide if I need to stock up on more batteries.
- So, driving to work in a rainstorm last night, the following songs came up, back to back and without coaxing, on my iPod - "Rain" - The Beatles; "Red Rain" - Peter Gabriel; and a couple songs by The Rainmakers (Desmond - the Beatles clip is, of course, me making up for the other clip). Before anyone can send me the link love for this rain themed song, trust I have it on the iPod. I just usually fast forward through it.
- I'm going to get Starbuck's training soon at the store. I know, right!? Dare to dream, jealous ones! My mom will be so proud. I'm totally going to be the frappuccino goddess. I'll even include extra chocolate syrup on your whipped cream. No charge and no need to ask!
- Frappuccino's make me a smidgen too delighted. A dollop of heaven in a plastic cup.
- I seriously need to figure out how to get me some what this song does to me.
- I don't actually believe in fairies and trolls. I'd still be in the game for Santa Claus, though, if I didn't watch my husband eat those cookies the kids leave every Christmas Eve.