...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

never mind the buttocks

True story -

On my drive home from work yesterday, my iPod graciously served up the following selections:
Notice a theme? Dang right you do! Not only are those songs about butt, but they kick butt! Also, you notice I have AWESOME taste in music, which is a little fact we've previously ascertained.

(Ha! ASCERTAINED. Get it? Ass-er-tained! Hilarious! Because all those songs are about, well, asses. I really AM this hilarious!)

Awww, yeah, my iPod's got a booty like pow, pow, pow!

Now, bear in mind, each of those songs, if played on their own, represents a butt load of awesome. I'm nothing short of blissful when such a thing happens.

BUT(T) (heh...) GET THIS -

Each of those songs played one right after the other!!

IN! A! ROW!

You might be asking "Hey, fadkog, do you have some kind of patootie play list on your iPod?" and I would say "Wow. I'm surprised you use a word like 'patootie.'" Then I would tell you I don't believe in play lists. I like to take my chances when I plug my player in, so when this tushtastically themed trio came up, it was as if I was experiencing some sort of miraculous event on my short commute home! Jesus, take the wheel, indeed!

Oh, I know what you're probably wanting to ask now. What about the miracle of life, fadkog? Huh? How about sunsets? Are you really going to sit there and compare a trio of bum odes to the beauty of a sunset? Sunsets are miraculous!


Pffft! You've seen one sunset, you've seen them all! However, it was rude of me to compare these songs to a miracle. I apologize. What I really meant to do was to call them magnificent.

Gluteus maximificent, that is...

(oh, and the answer to your other question is no, other than here, I've never used the word 'tushtastically' before, nor will I likely ever use it again)(maybe...)

The only thing that would have been the cherry on top of this perfect moment would have been if Queen's Fat Bottomed Girls had come on to close out my drive...bringing up the rear, you might say.

Oh, yes, that would have clinched it.

Or should I say 'clenched it.'

Labels:

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hoping for a Fat Bottomed Girls finale. So sorry to hear your iPod did not help you out with that one.

I've noticed when I'm in a particularly crappy mood my shuffle will play cheery, happy tunes. Either it's the universe telling me to cheer up or the universe messing with me.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 9:59:00 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

So. . . where's Honky-Tonk Ba-Donk-a-Donk?

But(t) wait; there's more!

What's the one my kids are always singin' ('cuz they watch Shrek, I hasten to add), about, "I like big butts an' I cannot lie. . ."

You got me with 'Gluteus maximificent'. . . More ass jokes than a blog reader has a right to expect, all in the same place. . .

FADKOG - where you get The Truth, The (W)hole Truth, and Nothing But(t) the Truth. . . (OK, sorry; that was bad. . .)

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 10:14:00 AM  
Anonymous FTN said...

Fat Bottomed Girls is indeed a good song. Then, most songs about butts are entertaining. Hmm. Maybe I'm an "ass" type of guy after all.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger msprimadonna67 said...

This one cracked me up!
Thanks for making my day; )

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 11:37:00 AM  
Blogger Bijoux said...

'My Humps,' 'Bootyliscous' and 'Shake Your Booty' could be added if you change your mind about playlists.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Well, well, well, the things I learn from you! I hate to admit that I've never heard the first song, the second song sounded somewhat familiar (probably played at one of my niece's weddings - seriously!), and the third one is one of my all time favorites!

Now I'll be singing that all day. Of course I only know the first verse. That had been a goal of mine - to learn the words to the whole song, but it never came to be.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 12:36:00 PM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Big Bottom by Spinal Tap. Any one?

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 1:24:00 PM  
Blogger Logical Libby said...

I think my iPod is depressed. It's all about "Death Cab for Cutie." Your iPod would never want to hang with my iPod.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 1:46:00 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

Oh, FTN, FTN. . .

"Maybe I'm an 'ass' type of guy after all."

You make it too easy, sometimes. . .

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 1:52:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All that ass music and no ZZ Top ... isn't that illegal?

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 2:13:00 PM  
Blogger Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

ass-tastic post!

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 4:25:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Whoa! Fadkog I didn't know you were a genius. Wow all to hell and back.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 5:13:00 PM  
Blogger The Savage said...

Lust! Lust, I say!

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 6:38:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin McKeever said...

That post may have hit bottom.

Now shake it for me, mama!

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 8:19:00 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

OK, I went and watched all the videos (and boy, was that a profitable experience). . .

OK, so now I know the song I was thinking of is the Sir Mix-a-Lot one; thanks for that.

But, now. . . That 'Milkshake' thing didn't look (or sound) like it was about butts at all; more like the, um, you know, 'milk things'. . .

Anyway, I think Savage captured the essence quite well. . .

;)

Thursday, June 10, 2010 6:49:00 AM  
Blogger justmakingourway said...

I think you need to work "tushtastically" into a sentence every day.

Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:18:00 AM  
Blogger Aunt Becky said...

I may be more in love with you and your sweet ass more than ever before.

Thursday, June 10, 2010 5:03:00 PM  
Anonymous christina lee said...

Ughhh that last song gave me shivers about having a big(ger) booty in college and boys singing that song to me in the dorm. Yeah...fun. ;-)

Friday, June 11, 2010 7:12:00 AM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

I was going to ASSk you about Fat Bottomed Girls, then you had it at the END of your post.

You make my 'rockin world go 'round!!

Saturday, June 12, 2010 4:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Kelley @ magnetoboldtoo said...

It was not coincidence, I set it to play like that so you would think of me.

Cause I am totally bootylicious.

Sunday, June 13, 2010 3:51:00 AM  
Blogger lime said...

damn, came back to see the continuing thread and i find blogger ate my original comment. poop.

here i am shaking my groove thang all by myself.

Sunday, June 13, 2010 2:01:00 PM  
Blogger Madame Queen said...

Fat Bottomed Girls came on XM recently and my 7 year old son nearly had a coronary laughing over the title. The he informed us that it should be called Big Butt Ladies. You and he would get along famously!

Monday, June 14, 2010 3:45:00 PM  
Blogger Vodka Mom said...

I'm here for my vocabulary lesson.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 5:35:00 AM  
Blogger Vodka Mom said...

and the BEST way to start the morning?

QUEEN!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 5:41:00 AM  
Blogger Bex said...

Gluteus maximificent - tushtastically - patootie - my vocabulary has grown during this post!

Monday, June 21, 2010 7:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home