...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Monday, March 19, 2007

spring break - by the numbers

  • days at home with both kids - 10
  • days nearly complete - 4
  • kids expecting to be entertained, fed and entertained some more - 2
  • dogs serving as a portion of said entertainment - 1
  • basketball games played as of 1 p.m. monday - 2
  • score of last game - 210 to 3. funny how i never win these games.
  • traumas resulting in crying fits - 2. funny how i haven't been crying yet.
  • times i've had to raise my voice to be heard or listened to - 0
  • how i'd rate the shock i feel at the above confession, on a 1-10 scale - 10. week's still early yet, though, folks.
  • walks taken with above mentioned dog - 3
  • amount of time we've spent discussing dog and dog's quirky habits - lost count
  • questions answered about bugs, basketball and body parts - 5
  • the volume on kidz bop 11 when "lips of an angel"' played - 26
  • my personal hell, as rated on a scale of 1-10 on hearing 'lips of an angel' sung by kids - mathematicians and wizards have yet to formulate a number high enough
  • miniature pizzas made - 3
  • severity of burn on my lips upon first bite of said miniature pizza - 2nd degree
  • blisters raised by said burn - 2. damn you, hot cheese, and your molten goodness
  • minutes spent admiring my bloated, blistered, angelina jolie-esque lips after said burn - 15
  • number of brownies consumed - 2. funny how i never get any of those
  • movies watched - 1
  • number of times said movie has been previously viewed - 2
  • number of times i've expressed amazement that "wannabe" was used in "chicken little" - 20
  • number of times i'm going to ask people if they don't also find it odd that a song containing the line "if you wanna be my lover..." was used in a frenetic children's movie about a little chicken and his animal friends - 2. at least
  • number of times i've referenced the spice girls in blog entries - 2. maybe 3
  • "quiet times" mommy has taken today - 2
  • waves of quality goodness said "quiet time" has resulted in - 6. ok, more like 8
  • times i wished i had a laptop so i didn't have to watch "chicken little" again - 12. the movies longer than you think
  • emails i could have answered during said movie - 15
  • minutes i could have spent on a better, more thought-provoking blog entry. 20. i admit, magic like this doesn't always just pour out of me
  • promises i'll try to do better soon - 1. ok, maybe 3

* props to rug's bug for the inspiration (and the jealousy that she's on her final day of spring break! i'll get to your site as soon as i break free!)

** it would seem the boys around here think they can defeat me, but like a proper queen bee, i'll wear them out soon enough. to be safe, i suggest they keep their eyes open unless they wish to fall victim to my powers so easily. however, i kind of hope they do, for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is my desire to say what a shame. **

13 Comments:

Blogger The Savage said...

Times I have enjoyed your posts.. countless...
I still totally lust you....

Monday, March 19, 2007 8:30:00 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Busy to say the least, keep your head above water little lady.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 2:35:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Number of times I'm glad Peanut doesn't ask what the line "if you wanna be my lover" means after singing it at the top of her lungs during Chicken Little--I've lost count.

Number of times I have visited your site to view the kickass goodness--infinite :)

oeazhp

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 2:51:00 AM  
Blogger Recovering Soul said...

LOL! We don't have to worry about spring break yet with our little one, but thanks for the hits. I sang along at the top of my lungs at work...

Wait.. why is security headed this way?

I'm leaving this little hit for everyone, please enjoy with a loved one.

Holy crap - I didn't even realize the battle had spread so far and wide.

Well, unfortunately none of these songs phased me. In fact, I sang along to all of them! I just left the one below on my blog, but I'll leave it here as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKu_QA8Bn9o

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 8:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Number of times I will wonder how much you will hate me for saying that we will be spending the kid's Spring break on the beach in Florida -at least 10. (sorry but I couldn't help gloating just a bit)

daxpgcw (whew!)

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:28:00 AM  
Blogger Rug's Bug said...

The day you dump them off at school again---priceless.

Yay for me! I did just that an hour ago. Thanks for the shout out!

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Confused Husband said...

Spring break already? We have about 2 more weeks left I believe. But the bad news is that youngest got kicked out of school until we can have an IEP meeting. O joy for me.
CH

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 4:37:00 PM  
Blogger Biscuit said...

Our spring break isn't until the week before Easter, but I'll be driving 12 hours to Alabama and back. Certainly that trumps your pain over listening to Lips of An Angel.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 5:55:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Number of people you made extremely happy by posting links to songs by Kix and LA Guns: At least one (I love my hairbands)

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 7:12:00 PM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

savage - ah, even in your busy moments, you have your priorities straight, i see. lust away, my good man.

ben - i'd actually like to be hanging off the sides, kicking my feet in the water, checking to see if it's just the right temperature. however, i think they'll keep pushing me in.

nanette - the boys are just enthralled that there is a dodge ball and baseball game injected in that drivel of a movie. happily, i've dodged the "lover" bullet, too.

and you're a total sweetheart, my friend...

rs - you may sing at the top of your lungs, but i sing AND dance. i just dance slower when that song you sent shows up on the ipod! less security risk that way!

finished - i think you said something, but in all honesty, all i heard was this incoherent babbling. sorry!

heh...yeah, yeah...i'm sure you'll have a good time. i'm sure your travel stories will serve to mock me later. you can be sure i'm a smidge jealous.

rug's - we survived day 3! and i even snuck out of the house and ripped on another manicure! my finger tips are (against what i assumed when i yanked down the polish bottle) a delightful barbie pink! however, i have to stop the manicure madness and do it myself. they're cheap, but i have not mastered the manicure etiquette and the staff does kind of freak me out.

confused - ok, i think you may have me trumped...thoughts with you and summer and the boys.

biscuit - i'd be happy to rip a copy of that particular album track if you'd like to use it to enhance your journey. seriously. it can only make it better. or not.

you may have me trumped a little bit, too! but i hope you have a great time!

chag - everybody needs a little la guns to get them through, don't they? makes the world a better place when you can revert back to the giant hair and skinny legs of lore!

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 10:23:00 PM  
Blogger you da mom! said...

spring "break" doesn't seem like such a break, after all.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:27:00 PM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

you da mom - there may actually be more "breaking points" to spring break than actual relaxing breaks. but so far, not so bad. three more days and the weekend to go, though...heh...

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:39:00 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Healthy numbers indeed, you multi-task well.

Thursday, March 22, 2007 11:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home