'i love you period. do you love me question mark'
to whom it may concern,
- cute guy who came to my register wednesday night. thanks for the conversation and charming grin. when you stopped and turned back to visit with me more, it made my night. call it lame, but i probably would have talked to you the rest of the night about the spring rainstorm we had that morning. leaning over the counter to bring us closer. and when you asked if i'd been outside recently, i was struck immediately with this idea that i'd chuck the break i was covering and head out the door with you. you were utterly adorable, what with your cute haircut and big old grin. seriously. then the sheen from your perfect skin glinted off the diamond on my left hand and i was suddenly "oh...yeah...heh...." but either way, i'll remember those six minutes we spent together for a long time, romeo.
- props to you, spring break. you haven't been as bad as i was anticipating. i know, i know. you told me to give you a little bit of credit, and honestly, i was doubting you from the beginning. "you're such a fatalist," you told me more than once when i tried to goad you into an argument. "can you blame me?" i cried. but the weather has been interesting, the kids have been good and we've all been happy. the crying was minimal, the questions were deflectable. after a quick assessment, i'd say we all came out of these 10 days together unscathed. but don't try to sell me too hard on summer break just yet. let me bask in the afterglow of this week just a bit longer, ok?
- mother nature, biology, the devil...whichever of you is responsible for me having my period twice this month, i hate you. oh, and trust me. that sentiment is pretty light considering you reared your forsaken head at me a mere two and a half weeks ago. i don't know what cruel joke you're trying to play or what corner you missed turning at to come back and ask for directions, but you suck. though, ok, thanks for not showing up at the start of spring break and starting the week off into what could have been a potential episode of "law and order"
- wow. the blog world shows tremendous restraint. i'm pretty surprised no one asked to see a photo of me after my last entry. amazing. and a bit of a pity, too, really because with biology being the bitch it is (seriously! you were just here 21 days ago...), i'm probably going to be the new proactiv spokesperson this week. ok, i suppose it's best to leave the idea of my kick ass reality ingrained in your imaginations.
- dove dark chocolate. i love you. plain and simple. i love you like the pretend me loves that cute guy from the store on wednesday night. i love you like i'm going to love that first hour of silence on monday when both boys are back at school. but wow, you're wrappers are pretty demanding. "do what feels right." "send a love letter this week." "send me a million dollars and no one gets hurt." geez. can't i just enjoy the silken chocolaty goodness as it melts on my tongue? do i really have to "be mischievous. it feels good"? because trust me, i probably could (especially with cute bookstore guy) but honestly, i'm having my period - a-freakin'-gain and for everyone involved, this spring break needs to cap off on a good note.