...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

next up - I uncover the ark!

The answer to the age old question:
"Why can't you two just sit down, be still and be quiet for five minutes?!"


Shocking, isn't it! Who'd have thought that copious amounts of sugar, food coloring and chemicals would provoke sudden and uncontrollable outbursts in young children cooped up together for the past few days? Oh, don't let that high and mighty "100% Vitamin C" shout-out on that juice bottle fool you, my friends. Cripes, don't let me calling it "juice" fool you!

I quite anticipate being up for many prestigious awards in the wake of this finding. Look for me on all the news programs in the coming days. It will be on those platforms, of course, that I'll say this type of stuff isn't ingested a lot around my house (and by "a lot" I pretty much mean "I let three or four hours pass between servings"). Today, in hopes of getting these two spider monkeys to chill out a bit, we've been swimming for nearly three hours and the begging in the backseat on the way home couldn't be quashed by the deliciously perfect arrival of this track on the iPod. So, the way I see it, my little Skeletors earned a treat. Tonight, to celebrate my super smart scientific brain, we'll probably have chicken nuggets (cough) and fake ice cream to celebrate!

But for me? Fix me a Molotov. All this scientific research at the Kum & Go has me spent. Plus I need to gear up for my next research project, tentatively titled "Why do you two think you have to be up and out of bed at the crack of dawn?"

10 Comments:

Blogger 2amsomewhere said...

But for me? Fix me a Molotov.

I bet that's the local drink. And all you want to do is dance dance.

--
2amsomewhere
(haven't been able mix 'em up right in the kitchen sink since 1985)

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 5:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

juice=loads of sugar. vitamins, my ass. try cranky followed by whiny followed by coma.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 11:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Molotov, that sounds very interesting.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 2:12:00 AM  
Blogger Recovering Soul said...

Okay, so great video.

but if you want to convince FTN you aren't just a mommy blogger, another post on the kids isn't going to cut it... :)

We have been able to avoid giving MA much sugar to this point. Last weekend we stopped at an Orange Julius and I let him have a sip of mine. After that, it was over. He kept sticking his tongue out like a giraffe chasing the straw with his tongue. It was pretty hilarious, but an obvious sign that he isn't ready for the sugar!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:11:00 AM  
Blogger Desmond Jones said...

Hmmmm. . . is it possible that words like 'Menace' and 'Maniac' in the product name might be indicative of something? . . .

We try like crazy to keep sugar out of our house, but, you know, the kids have got friends. . . And it's just too easy to use ice cream as a reward (not that I did it last night for a certain 9-year-old's first little league home run, or anything. . .)

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 11:49:00 AM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

Yum, I want some of that stuff! lol But my kids can do without thank you very much! lol I could give them greenbeans and brussel sprouts and they still would run around like chickens with their heads off!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 7:02:00 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

I got a Molotov cocktail
With a match to go
I smoke my cigarette with style
An I can tell you honey
You can make my money tonight

Just keep your hands of my rattlesnake suitcase...that's all mine..
Stacie

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:49:00 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Yes, I believe Desmond nailed it exactly right with the Menace and Maniac being right on the front of the bottle being the first clue to steer far far away from that stuff! That's the first thing I thought. Watch out! You'll end up with two teenagers like mine staying up until 5am playing Nintendo and drinking 2 different kinds of Mountain Dew!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:56:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

We will have such a great time on our road trip seeing which one of us can belt these tunes out louder! :)

Sugar and pop pop pop music does nothing to my children, I'm lucky that way. Them not getting enough sleep is brutal though.

ktosavse

Thursday, June 28, 2007 2:07:00 AM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

2am - Ah, I do say give us dirty laundry, however, my molotov? Strickly "Pop Muzik"!

Singing in the subway
Shuffle with a shoe shine
Fix me a molotov
I'm on the headline

Youdamom - Goodness, if it put my boys in a bit of a coma, I'd IV this stuff to them. They are non-freakin' stop!

Nocturnal - I'm sure it would be downright tasty. Unfortunately, it's just how I sing one of the greatest hits of my 80s lust. Were there such a drink (and there may be) and I drank plenty of them? The singing would be high gear.

RS - Dude! Orange Julius?! Those places are still around?!

Desmond - I'd add "Mad Mom" to the list of "M" words that goes along with that! I need to move to one of these sugar free homes I keep hearing about. However, I have this rule that there is never a bad time for ice cream.

Choppzs - My kids wouldn't even eat greens beans and brussel sprouts if I rolled them in sugar and then dipped them in chocolate. There are little skeletons wrapped in skin. Even without this stuff, though (and it is a rare treat), they are pure energy all day and well into the night!

Stacie - Yeah! You're back! And Bustin' out a little "Nightrain" to boot! Nicely played, my friend. Nicely played!

Chrissy - Those teenagers are going to have to bust through me at that time of the morning, which is, unfortunately, becoming a bit of my M.O.

Nanette - Can we leave this weekend? Cancel all plans! This kind of stuff doesn't seem to impace my kids much, either. We've apparetly given life to robots.

Friday, June 29, 2007 12:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home