...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Monday, July 02, 2007

josie's on a vacation far away

Well, sort of. My name isn't Josie and I'm not on a vacation far away.

In fact, I'm not on vacation at all. However, on Monday morning, I'll be leaving for a few days and going south.

To my sister's.

To stay with her family.

With my two sons.

And my mom.

By car.

Seven hours.

One way.

To do such fun things as shop the local WalMart and stare at each other for four days until someone asks (for the 20th time that particular day) "Whatcha wanna do now?"

And then I get to repeat the process on the way home.

So it's not so much a vacation as it is a test of wills.

I'll pop in from time to time because it's not like I'm going somewhere remote with no cable or Internet access and no one speaks the language. I've left you with the rambling treasures I so love below so it's just like you're carrying a little piece of me with you. Awww.

You know I'd do anything for you.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger 2amsomewhere said...

If the makers of Xanax ever needed to make a commercial to market their product, this post would make great material.

You have my sympathies.

--
2amsomewhere

Monday, July 02, 2007 6:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Get outta my brain!

freakin hilarious..

Monday, July 02, 2007 7:17:00 AM  
Blogger Recovering Soul said...

I would do anything for blogger... but I won't do THAT!

Monday, July 02, 2007 8:09:00 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I wish you patience and fortitude. Good journeys.

Monday, July 02, 2007 8:53:00 AM  
Blogger Therese in Heaven said...

Try not to miss us all too much.

Monday, July 02, 2007 8:58:00 AM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Have a safe and 80's tune filled drive! I hope you have a good visit with your mom and sister.
Stacie

Monday, July 02, 2007 9:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only 7 hours? I'm sure it will give you plenty of material to bless us with upon your return.

Monday, July 02, 2007 10:17:00 AM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

Yah, I know what you mean!! lol It gets that way after about a day or two with my family too!lol Have a safe trip!

Monday, July 02, 2007 12:03:00 PM  
Blogger FTN said...

Your seven hour drive
Leaves me to wonder if you'll
Visit us bloggers.

["Hey kids, we're gonna take a quick 3-hour detour to visit some random strangers I met on the Internet! Sound like fun?"]

Monday, July 02, 2007 1:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you get some fun out of the trip in the end, I'm sure that can definitely possible if you put your mind to it.

Monday, July 02, 2007 11:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home