...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

'bus boy, bartender, ladies of the night, grease monkey, ex-junkie, winner of the fight'

I'm not sure which, if any of those, job titles might be on The Husband Formerly Known as Unemployed's new business cards (though, since the strongest thing he drinks is skim milk, it's probably safe to scratch 'bartender'), but I am very happy to say that today, said husband is, at this moment, four minutes into his brand new job!

Let's pause for a row of exclamation points, shall we?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phone call for an interview came late Monday night. Two interviews took place Tuesday. Job offer came late Tuesday night. New job starts today (seven weeks to the moment he lost his last one, but who's counting, asked the girl whose been counting for seven weeks...)

Is it a great job? Don't know yet.
Is the pay comparable to what he had been making? Will be.
Can I get used to him being home every night? Time will tell.
Do we have dental insurance? No.
Will I without question develop a mouth full of cavities because I'm actually supposed to be at the dentist at this very moment but had to cancel said appointment and of course I have been stress eating some Snickers? Probably.

BUT WHATEVER! The important thing here is JOB!

And coming up with a new blog nickname for my husband.

(I'm not particularly fond of Khaki Pants and Sensible Shoes Wearing Man, but that would be fitting today)(also don't love Carrying His Lunch in a Cooler Guy)

Thanks for all your good thoughts and well wishes. Honestly, if I can be greedy, I'd ask for them to stay in your rotation because now we're 10 minutes into his new job and it's still too early to tell if it will be soul sucking.

But even if it is...well, we'll deal with that it if happens. For now hooray!

EXCLAMATION POINT!!!!!!!

Labels:

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woot woot! That is wonderful news. I will keep hoping it is not soul sucking. Try to floss more.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:51:00 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

Hooray!

And Exclamation Point!

Indeed. . .

And just between you and me and the lamp-post, I gotta think havin' him home every night is, over the long haul, a good thing. . .

Wonderful. . . just wonderful. . .

;)

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

And, uh. . . Should we be concerned that 'bartender' occurred to you as a more obvious scratch than 'lady of the night'?

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Hoooray!!!!!! Okay, it's about lunch time. Hoping you've heard that the new job is great by now. Or if not great, not soul sucking! xo

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:06:00 AM  
Blogger Principled Slut said...

Huge exclamation point!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger Just Two Chicks said...

Yay!!!! This is wonderful!!!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:04:00 PM  
Blogger the weirdgirl said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy he found something! You've been in my thoughts a lot lately. But I was hit with a case of the awkward and have been lurking instead of making comments. I'm sorry. I pinky-swear to do better in the future. In the meantime, here's hoping any soul-sucking passes your family by.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:15:00 PM  
Blogger Bijoux said...

I am SUPER excited for your family!!! Congratulations!!!!!

I have nothing witty to say....I'm just REALLY HAPPY right now!!!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:34:00 PM  
Blogger cat said...

More !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since you were posting on a day other than Friday, I of course, I had to read it ASAP because it could have been a post on the up or down. I am happy that it was on the UP!

I wanted to help you think of a witty new name for your husband, alas, I am so fogged up on cough syrup I have no ideas.

But, I can give you more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:19:00 PM  
Blogger Logical Libby said...

Woo hoo! And his new nickname should be "Moneymaker."

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Jobination!!

And soul-sucking is a great substitute for nothing-doing any day ... as well I know.

An !!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:53:00 PM  
Blogger Sailor said...

Excellent news!!!!!!!!!!!! (here, have a few more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Thoughts, prayers & wishes will continue, of course.

Don't know about a good nickname, but there is always the old standby- "The man formerly known on this blog as The Toolman"...

So pleased for you!!!!!!!!
*hugs*

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:37:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

excellent exclamation point!!!! So glad. And I really hope its not soul sucking. Crossing my fingers!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:50:00 PM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Huzzah.....

Thursday, March 15, 2012 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Mama Bub said...

Hooray, hooray! I've been waiting for a post like this.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 5:25:00 PM  
Blogger Homemaker Man said...

Yay! How about, "commuter man?" Or, " The Mentalist"

Thursday, March 15, 2012 11:01:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin McKeever said...

One word, sweetie.

Floss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday, March 16, 2012 8:29:00 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!

So happy for you guys! I hope the job is a least tolerable! :)

Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:30:00 AM  
Blogger Kate Coveny Hood said...

Yeah!

Several days later...I hope it's turned out to be a good fit!

Sunday, March 18, 2012 8:36:00 AM  
Blogger lime said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i am so relieved for you and your family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just thought i'd join the excamation point brigade in celebration. and hey, even if it's a sucky job it's always a position of strength to be looking for a new one if you are currently working.

Monday, March 19, 2012 12:03:00 PM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words and support! It is, and remains, very appreciated. We're almost a week in and, while there's still some adjustments going on (this is the first job my husband's had in a very long time where he's in one spot and dealing with the same people every day), things DO seem to be going well. He doesn't come home mopey (yet) so that's good!

Also, thanks to a New Year's resolution I made in 2010, I am a champion flosser - every day like clockwork - so here's hoping my teeth and I hold out!

:)

Imagine that's a toothy-grinned emoticon so you'd know for sure...

:)

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 1:51:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

glad for you, i mean him, i mean you...
oh i don't know just glad!

Friday, March 23, 2012 1:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home