...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

'always something there to remind me'

call me lazy.

call me boring.

call me the one true thing missing from your life and toss in some stanza alluding to how painstaking it is to draw in life's sweet breath when i'm not around.

i'll wait.

you're terribly cute when you're thinking, all furrowed brow, chin in hand. but you know that, don't you? uh-huh. fyi? i'll freakin' love it if you confess your mad need for me in the form of a haiku. for example:

diff'rent kind of girl
mere existence is futile
sans your kick ass rack

did i mention i got a 'b' in my college poetry class? you're so wondering why it wasn't an 'a' now, right? a hint. the professor published poems purely about king kong. my efforts were like...well...like poetry in comparison. ask sometime and i'll share!

yeah, whatever. i know that first line is "technically" not five syllables. it's ghetto now with
my abbreviation. just allow yourself to go with it. it'll be ok.

i've truly got nothing to reward your adoration except for my apologies at however lame this turns out. i've been trapped inside a raging migraine and various other matters that seem to impede whatever blo
odflow i have to my creative side (yeah, i'm gonna say i have a creative side. don't knock it in your haiku, ok?). we'll see what the following days bring. until then, trust that i really used to be a writer.

i must add that while blood flow to my brain seems to be restricted, there is blood flowing in me through all the right places now that the medically suggested moratorium on sex is up. give it up to the dolphin, who seemed to
have swam gracefully across continents last night. you're slowly working your way up there toward justifying your hefty price tag, my sea-faring friend (sure, i like to pretend it vibrates it's way downstairs to the computer to read this site and my preferred blogs while i'm away. it's purely research. to better serve me later, of course).

anyway, blood flow. crazy thoughts. deep breaths. seeing things everywhere i turn. things that remind me of other things. like the art i provide to you here, again courtesy of my beautiful and demonic youngest son. yeah, i know, he's not looking up from the magnadoodle and announcing, "mommy, look, i drew a penis!"

that's just me.

but come on! am i the only one who sees it? or am i just that singularly focused lately?


the other image? according to my little starving artist, that's me. you'll notice i've lost my cock arm, but look at how happy and, yeah, "widely" delighted i am to have my friend, magnadoodle penis, coming to visit. before you ask, no, i'm not encouraging this type of behavior.

but i'm certainly not one to squelch creativity.


yeah...so put that in your haiku and let me admire it...

10 Comments:

Blogger The Savage said...

I think I want you
But in Iowa you stay
Damn the distances

Thursday, December 07, 2006 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger FTN said...

That penis has wings
Cock arms on girls frighten me
Next time draw a rack


Oh, and how naive am I that it took me a good few minutes to figure out what you were talking about when referring to the dolphin.

Thursday, December 07, 2006 3:16:00 PM  
Blogger Cherrie said...

Art and poetry in the same place! I'm getting some culture tonight . . .

Ah, the drawings of children . . . Rorschach tests for the liberated! The first drawing makes me think of what would happen if you crossed a cock with a winged Kotex. The second one looks like a happy, horny octopus. Or maybe a duopus. Or is it hiding some legs behind its head?

Friday, December 08, 2006 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

savage:
you know you want me
the myth of the rack prevails
alas, there you sit

ftn:
the wings are testes
said the girl with them in mind
tilt your head a bit

yeah...those suck. the 'b' was entirely merited. kudos to you two men who took the haiku plunge. didn't think anyone really would, and it certainly wasn't a requirement, so my admiration is off the charts. of course, now i'm even more mad for you both. wait...maybe that was the plan all along...huh.

ftn, i think i'm more charmed by you now that you had to ponder the dolphin. as if the whole guitar playing thing wasn't enough. dang...

Friday, December 08, 2006 12:48:00 AM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

cherrie! you snuck in on me! when i look at the first drawing, actually, i'm left to think that the penis has its own penis and that...well...that makes me happy. the second i dig because it has kick ass eyelashes to bat around.

the kid obviously has a gift.

Friday, December 08, 2006 12:53:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

dear kickass beauty
even the sandwich tale rocks
so thrall us my dear

I think the dick looks like it has a grinch face...trust me, I've been watching a lot of grinch lately ;)

Friday, December 08, 2006 4:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FADKOG on my screen
smiles but yet frustration lives
rack remains hidden

Friday, December 08, 2006 9:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must be a loser;
Still wond'ring about 'dolphin'.
But I play guitar!

Friday, December 08, 2006 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

for a girl who is
so unlike all the others,
the porpoise brings joy

Next time, can we write limericks? There once was a girl from Iowa...

Friday, December 08, 2006 9:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your sea-faring friend
my twitchy-earred companion
batteries in bulk


How obvious is it that this is the first haiku that I have EVER written?

Saturday, December 09, 2006 11:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home