...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

...and it's not the way that you dance

as i'm prone to do while in the mini, i completed my trip home from work last night with a bit of dancing (you'd dance too if it was 12 degrees out and the heat didn't kick in until you pulled in the garage. ok, it's a 10 minute trip, but you feel a little sorry for me, don't you? what? you just wish you could have seen the dancing? nice...)

last night's drive was complemented by random song choices i've no better way to describe than perfection (yep, i just brought my pinched fingers to my lips for a little toss off kiss after typing that). a little icicle works, some omd. i was in heaven. then came a flock of seagulls and baby, i was compelled to seriously go all out, and this particular track was the dance mix, so technically, when the title commands, you do as you're told.

that delicious synth beat kicks in and it's on, baby. arms going (one at a time when necessary for i travel a winding road) and hips rotating (yes, it's possible while seated and buckled. i'm a master at this), i'm this close to going over the edge when i very nearly go over the ditch. it was then i realized, of course, that i'm just a slave to the music.

it was perfect timing that upon steering my way into recovery, britney's "baby one more time" came on (now, now. you have your tastes. i have mine). i thought how lucky i was to have been able to maintain control of the mini and not face the possibility of having to crawl out of the window sans panties. of course, for that to happen, my kicky black pants would've had to vaporize, but that's just a pesky detail. rescue teams probably would've found my bra a few feet away, though, because that stupid thing came off as soon as i was able to shrug it. a nice thought, but you wouldn't have seen the kick ass rack plastered across the internet the next day.
and please, don't tell me you've not looked at britney's business. i've looked at britney's business. hell, i'll probably look the next time it happens (and you know it's going to...show me how you want it to be), even though i've yet to not make a face when it appears on screen.

---------------

speaking of business, i must soon attend to mine. big appointment with my physician, dr. mcmakemefeelbadaboutmydietmt.dewhabit, this afternoon for my annual physical. it's not just called a pap test anymore.

actually, it should be called a date. god knows i put as much effort into getting ready for it as i would a date (shaving my legs and whatnot, slathering on lotions and such), and i'll obviously be putting out a little something before the visit's over. getting felt up and complimented on my good habits will undoubtedly be the highlight of this afternoon. because you so know i want a doctor who says, "well, well. that's some fine looking lady business you got there." yeah, i'd be blushing and giggling.

in retrospect, last night's roadside stumble - just as 'the flock' gave me the line "it's not the way you have your hair, it's not that certain style..." - was probably due to the fact that, while dancing, i was also thinking (seriously!) about what panties to wear to the doctor today and whether or not i should put some makeup on. because you're a curious bunch, i'll tell you that by the time i got home, i'd opted to go with the pink and purple polka dot boy cuts. and of course, i'm going to curl up the lashes a bit more than usual.

ok, maybe i don't put this much effort into a date night. but i will dance in the seats for you.

now it's off to dance my way through the shower for the early stages of prep. i'll leave you with that idea, along with the song that put me in my frenzy last night (sorry. no lady business, but if you want to see britney's again, i could provide you with numerous links). it's not the dance mix, but because i've commanded it personally, feel free to dance amongst yourselves.


A Flock Of Seagulls - Wishing (If I Had A Photograph Of You)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, yes, I will admit. I have viewed Britneys bidness. And yes, I made "the face", and yes, I looked again. Train wreck.

Good luck at the docs... my favorite part is making small talk while I get a breast exam, while skillfully trying to avoid eye contact.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger FTN said...

I'm starting to wonder if us guys should be insecure when our significant others put more time and effort into preparing to see the doc than they do for us.

Well I hope he was thrilled with the pink and purple polka dot boy cuts. (FTN says bitterly.)

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

ah! i'm pleased to report that within an hour of posting this entry, i was uncovered thru a google search for 'britney sans panties.' bonus points to the michigan hunter for opting for 'sans' rather than the bourgeois 'without' or simply 'naked.' i think i love you...

taja - cripes! i totally forgot the small talk during the breast exam! which is shocking, really, because that's often what would play out during an actual date with me!

ftn - um, obviously i'm gonna give you small talk...and ok, a spritz of perfume...geez...

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 11:25:00 AM  
Blogger The Savage said...

wow.. You like the only band from the 80s I cannot stand...
I can always get ear plugs....

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 3:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such vivid word pictures you paint for us. I am reverting back to my fly on the wall fantasies.

I wonder if the small talk during a breast exam is as much fun as it is for a prostate exam or a pre-vasectomy appointment (baseball , baseball ,baseball.........)

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 3:55:00 PM  
Blogger JUnderCovers said...

You just can't plan those perfect combinations of songs that come out of nowhere to lift your mood. Great choice of video, although Space Age Love Song has always been my favorite Seagulls song.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 6:31:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I love the effort you put in for your drjellyfingervisit :) And, secretly longing to go on a road trip so we can dance in the seats together!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 1:02:00 AM  
Blogger FTN said...

I would say that perhaps I got into the wrong career, and that maybe I should have opted for "lady-doc" instead. BUT... I think the reality is that a lot of women that the "lady-doc" has to see on a daily basis DON'T put much time and effort into getting their womanly parts all pretty like you do. I imagine a number of them are, uh, not pretty? And haven't showered recently?

And perhaps might have a nasty rash or two?

Guess I'll just have to be content with playing doctor for now. :-/

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

savage - ah, dear, so let's say that frankie goes to hollywood comes on? ear plugs? or do i get to pull them out? relax, baby, there's plenty of other choices on the shuffle!

finished - thanks for the compliment, but if it's just the same, no one can be in the in the exam room with me unless there's a degree notation behing their name, k?! and yes, there's small talk...we chatted books and my favorite girly things. i'd be doomed if it came to baseball!

j - you know i'm gonna have Space Age Love Song. Actually came up today in the rotation, sandwiching some G 'n R and the Go-Gos. You can perhaps now get a clearer picture of why I need playlists!

nanette - that you pegged my dr.'s name (and ha! i thought of using that but didn't!) further confirms this whole shared dna theory. i'm all for roadtrips, dear. you wanna head east or west? i'll rip some prince soon...girl, we're gonna dance to that!

dr. ftn - you may not be a doctor, but you can play one on my comments...and i'll agree with your diagnosis. there may not be as much work put into it, but trust i stopped short of ribbons and glitter. tempting, but a girl has to draw the line somewhere!

and people, as impressed as the doc may have been with me, the lab tech was a raging bitch who left me with a gigantic purple bruise on my right arm. people having bad days should not be wielding needles. i tried to take a picture, but it didn't do it justice, and besides, probably not the first thing about me i should show off. but it hurts and i could muster up some tears if it would garner lots of sympathy.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 2:00:00 PM  
Blogger Cherrie said...

You have my sympathy, D.K.G. Doctor's office visits = scary, if only because of some of the people who work there.

Thursday, December 07, 2006 12:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home