...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Friday, November 10, 2006

because it was inevitable*


snow made a triumphant return to my area of the heartland today. the one most excited about that fact? my youngest son, who already has grand plans of putting on boots and snowpants for the inevitable eight and a half minutes actually spent playing in it outside upon his return from preschool.

me? eh. i suppose you can't fight it when you live right in the middle of it. it's now time to face reality. those upper 70s the last two days were just nature's way of teasing me, much as i do you all with my rack and sly use of words. i do my best with it. yeah, my acceptance of the inevitable change in season and my rack. good times.

this lovely little storm blew in with a tunderclap around 10 a.m. and lasted a couple of hours. now it's time to relearn winter driving skills, hunch up our shoulders to the beast, start every conversation with some means of talking about how cold it is outside ("colder than a witch's tit" being one i've yet to really understand, but i'm not in my 80s, so that could be why) and cope for the next five to six months as we shovel out and get blasted again.


these aren't my best, but i thought i'd share a hint of our first snowfall of the season should there be any of you out there who taunt me with your balmy temps and pristine blue skies. who cares if you get to wear shorts and tshirts all year. i look kickass in a big old winter coat!

* more of what you really love and crave about me awaits below. i'm sure that's why you're really here, anyway...

5 Comments:

Blogger Edtime Stories said...

I can't wait for snow.
Oh and by the way...just what should I get you for your birthday?

Friday, November 10, 2006 3:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to snow. We are just enough south that we don't get a whole lot but every now and then we get hit and it does make things seem a little less drab during the winter.

Friday, November 10, 2006 4:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I love snow but I never see much of it. Besides when we finally do get snow you can't find any bread or milk at the grocery store and you can't get out of your driveway anyway :) It was actually almost 80 degrees today. Carolina Blue, you have to love it...

Friday, November 10, 2006 10:46:00 PM  
Blogger The Savage said...

I want snow! As a matter of fact I want a visciously cold winter...

Whadaya mean why a visciously cold winter???
The colder the winter the fewer the bugs come spring and summer....

Saturday, November 11, 2006 4:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It all keeps the riff-raff out.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 5:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home