...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

like a virgin...

...i've been tagged for the very first time, so i'm gonna give you all my answers (because ed intends to have me unleash all my quirky goodness upon the world)! this could get messy, so i suggest you have a towel or disposable wipes nearby.

six weird things about me:

-- when i was a child, i used to think you could "catch" every conceivable old-person disease (be it cancer to crotchetiness) just by being around them or touching their things. this meant trips to my grandparents' homes were angst-filled. i'd spend lots of time in the bathroom washing my hands and holding my breath.

-- when i eat a sandwich, i take a bite from the top right corner and then the top left, then proceed to eat the crust in one continuous circle around the sandwich until i get to the middle. when eating pizza (always with a fork) i eat the tip off, then go up and take the top crust before eating the middle (a two-fer there, my beauties).

-- i can name virtually every song i hear within seconds of hearing the opening notes. in many cases, i can also name the band or artist performing it. i cannot, however, tell you what i did last night because i can't remember.

-- i will eat anything made with tomatoes (tomato soup? all over it. ketchup? i'll fight you for the last drops) but i absolutely won't eat an actual tomato, and you can't make me. they're slimy and disgusting.

-- with every chain letter email i delete, i secretly hope i'm casting out all future such emails the world over. alas, sorry, you're probably still getting emails asking you to add your name to an ever-growing list or threatening your good luck. i'll keep working at it.

-- i love being pregnant and sometimes wonder if i'd be cut out to be a good surrogate.

that's probably not all there is about me, but it's all that comes to mind at the moment. i suppose to find out more about me, you can consider the following:

-- my biggest sexual turn on is: someone who can scratch the surface. have a conversation with me about something that doesn't revolve around the obvious and you'll have to poke me and say "hey, did you hear what i just said?" because there's likely a 'thought bubble' floating over my head considering what you must be like in bed.

-- on a scale of 1-10, how jealous do you get (have you gotten)?: i've got little reason to be jealous at this point in my life, but in the good old days, i could be pathetic. like 8 pathetic.

-- have you ever had sex with someone you work(ed) with? daily. i'm my own boss, so to speak. and there's probably been verbal sex with the work spouse. but considering my work experience has most often involved men and women old enough to be my grandparents, the answer is no.

-- wash up, cuddle or fall asleep? sex in my house typically takes place in the middle of the night and can take awhile, so by the time all is said and done, i simply want to curl up and sleep (or, obviously, answer the telephone).

-- which is more important of the two in "chemistry," physical attractiveness or sexual performance? difficult to answer. i've considered things beyond physical attractiveness before ending up in bed with someone. good performance is just icing.

-- what kind of birth control do you use? the 'greatest american hero' method - flying away on a wing and a prayer.

i kinda feel like i should be telling you my turn ons and turn offs ("i like strong hands, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and walks in the park, and nasty people make me so angry i just want to stomp my feet") and hoping you open up my centerfold after answering those questions...

ok, given you all my love, boys and girls. time to hit the showers. i've got a meeting with my boss scheduled...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post FADKOG...the bubble thought cracked me up!

Thursday, November 30, 2006 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger FTN said...

Hold on a minute... I'm thinking about which deep, meaningful topics I can bring up for conversation to, uh, scratch the surface...

Thursday, November 30, 2006 12:30:00 PM  
Blogger The Savage said...

umm I added you in my Yahoo so ummmm if you wanna try and scratch the surfice... I got strong hands and always have pbj materials ready....

Thursday, November 30, 2006 5:08:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

My husband is the same way about tomatoes....but, just this last summer, I coerced him into trying a blt and he loved it!
I'll join you on the surrogacy list...I loved being pregnant...I just don't want to raise more children.
LOL at the sandwich eating....:)

Thursday, November 30, 2006 9:34:00 PM  
Blogger Cherrie said...

Those are some interesting traits! I'm the opposite on tomatoes: I'll eat the fruit, but I generally avoid the processed products. The sandwich and pizza eating procedures? Sounds like you need a manual to eat! Do you have a special process for cakes and pies?

Just trying to scratch your surface . . . let me know if you'd like anything else scratched!

Thursday, November 30, 2006 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger Edtime Stories said...

The sandwich eating thing freaked me out. Loved the post, thanks for playing. And look, you have people wanted to scratch your surface...;)

Friday, December 01, 2006 5:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to disagree about the tomatos. they are one of my favorite things about the summer and I fail trying every year to grow enough to satify my craving for them (hmmmm that sounded weird)

Still not sure exactly sure what scratching the surface is but would be willing to giive it a try.

Friday, December 01, 2006 4:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting list, I am with you on the song titles and the tomatoes (the fruit is slimy, and the seeds? yuck).

scratching the surface huh? first I see you are throwing your underwear at the guitar players and now this...

Sunday, December 03, 2006 8:02:00 AM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

it does seem apparent that i'm terribly itchy, no? trust me, if you can talk to me about something without starting your comments with "cripes, sure is cold out there today, isn't it?" (or worse yet - "what's for dinner?") then be careful, for i may be all over you!

oh, and as for my bizarre eating habits - sorry, i'll die an old woman who has never eaten an actual tomato, thank you very much. same for beets (shudder...)! and i eat pie the same way i do pizza. as for cake...this is worse. i eat two small rows from the bottom of a wedge of cake, then hollow out the cake part to leave only the frosting. naturally, being a frosting lover, i dive into that last. where, oh where, did these food habits come from...

and panties? yeah, i'm always gonna be inclined to toss those at a guy who can play...if nowhere else but in my bizarre little head...

and my...what an interesting word verification i get for myself...

Sunday, December 03, 2006 12:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home