...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Friday, January 26, 2007

"turn the thrusters on, we're standing by"

because of all the handheld games my boys have, we keep a wide variety of batteries in the house. demand a 'd'? done. craving a 'c'? check. apparently need a 'triple a'? absolutely. we're covered when the duracells drop dead and the learning stops because the leapster has petered out.

however, lately the leapster has been dormant and i've been lying (but let's call it something less sinful, like "diverting attention." i.e. "look boys! is that a leprechaun outside the window?!") to them when they ask for replacement batteries.

why the cause for deception (no! we agreed on diverting!!) you ask?

um...because mommy has her own thing going on. something that doesn't help me learn multiplication facts or parts of speech (though i'm rocking a few soft vowel sounds). sure, it may be "wrong" to keep my kids from playing and learning, but when the trusty and true dolphin and bullets of legend past started taking a more leisurely swim through the "waters," reinforcements needed to be called in.

thank god for double 'a' batteries. my trusty friends were jumping to get back to their habitat after some fresh juice. i swear to you, energizer lives up to it's name. it's energy to the 'nth' degree, and those damn bullets have enough power in them that i swear if i set them on high and put them on the ground and pointed them to the west at 9 a.m., they'd scale the rockies and be collecting seashells on the beaches of san diego by noon.

they rock. it's nearly kicking my ass (yeah, but not literally).

and yes, batteries are on my shopping list. i can only lie so long.

diverting! diverting! my kids are going to learn that word when their leapster is working again.

it starts with 'd'...like 'dolphin'...

12 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Thanks for the smile....this is why I prefer my aquatic friends to swim with alternating currents ;)

Friday, January 26, 2007 3:20:00 AM  
Blogger The Savage said...

Did I mention I could vibrate my tongue?

Friday, January 26, 2007 3:50:00 AM  
Blogger Edtime Stories said...

wonderful..
that was was just the thing I needed today.

Friday, January 26, 2007 5:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can always count on you to make me smile (and to have a ginormous word verification)

Friday, January 26, 2007 9:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always wanted a bullet/egg. Now I might have to do some shopping. Should I pick you up some batteries while I'm out? :)

Friday, January 26, 2007 9:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah... you need something with a plug... I mean the one you put in the wall, of course. ;)

Friday, January 26, 2007 10:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The source of all enlightenment...FADKOG, you sexy thing, have a great weekend.

LBP

Friday, January 26, 2007 2:02:00 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

This post coupled with your pic you posted a while definitely rocks.

Well done.

Saturday, January 27, 2007 5:01:00 AM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

nanette - i'm a fan of the alternating current, as well, but my trusty friend was nearly washed up on the beach. drastic measures were required!

savage - i've little doubt you could generate enough current to sustain a small town from that tongue alone!

ed - so glad to be of service, of course!

finished - ditto above. and my next word verification will likely be the preamble to the constitution, so start warming up!

terry - my recommendation and my answer are the same...yes!

lady c - heh! of course!

lbp - the source of all enlightenment? goodness. such a responsibility...

nocturnal - the rocking is my pleasure, of course. thanks!

Monday, January 29, 2007 12:00:00 AM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

cripes...

quick math problem:

how many times did i use the phrase "of course" above?!

Monday, January 29, 2007 12:01:00 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

I counted 3 which isn't bad at all, of course I may be biased ;)

Monday, January 29, 2007 1:45:00 PM  
Blogger FTN said...

With all this talk of Double A and D, I thought we were talking about boobs for a moment.

Nope. Guess we're covering masturbation today. Either way, we're golden.

I've decided to buy stock in some battery companies, considering we buy multiple packs each month for the 13 million toys that my kids have.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 12:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home