...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Monday, November 26, 2007

'instead of making me better, U keep making me ill'

Dear Grey's Anatomy,

Hi! Let me just start off by saying I love you. You didn't have to make me say it, but I'm sayin' in. I love you. I didn't want to. Nope. I pretended you didn't exist for two seasons. You didn't sway me with that whole Patrick "McDreamy" Dempsey thing. I mean, nice try and everything, but I held strong. In the end, however, I suppose I was weak. I think you knew I would be. You and peer pressure ganged up on me, GA. In the course of one lazy week, I devoured the entire first two seasons on DVD. Hook, line and sinker. I'm a sheep, GA. And yeah, some of it was because of that "McDreamy" thing. That was smart thinking, GA.

But wow, GA, it's like all of a sudden, you want to remind people that you're a drama set in a hospital, and not just some "who's doing who in the on-call room" free for all. Because seriously, in my opinion, the gore level is off the charts lately! Seriously! (Thanks for injecting 'seriously' into the lexicon of my vocabulary, btw!) And this is from the girl who freeze-framed that bomb squad guy blowing up after Meredith handed him that cannon ball from that episode in season 2. You know the one. Not only did I freeze-frame it, but I watched it over and over again. In slow motion. Then capped it off with the "how we blew that dude up" piece in the DVD extras.

I've watched surgeons lift the faces off patients on Discovery Health while I've been dining on a plate of spaghetti and not been swayed. I can handle the gore thing. But my God, the last couple weeks with you? It's been tough! First you give me the whole "pencil through the eye socket, but wait! let's see the bulging brain!" thing one week, and then the next you make my quirky crush, Seth Green (I heart you, Robot Chicken), erupt like a freakin' geyser. I seriously covered my face, peeked through my fingers, and screamed "Sweet baby Jesus!"

And then I rewound the DVR and watched it again. And again gave a shout to the Christ child. Because I'm not kidding. I love Seth Green. So yeah, there's that.

You had me at Denny Duquette, GA. You might recall that story line. Not a lot of blood shed. Just tears, glorious tears. When are you going to make me cry again, GA? When?

Anyway, just thought I'd touch base with you. You know I'm not going anywhere, even though I do have a bit of a beef with the whole 'McDreamy/McSteamy' suddenly being BFFs, the thought of Izzie and George together makes me want to grab that No. 2 pencil and gouge at my own eyes, and every time I see Dr. Hahn on screen, I think about putting the lotion in the basket, but I'll get over it.

Because I love you, GA. There. You made me say it again.

Seriously,

Me

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger kimmyk said...

Grey's is the only show I watch on TV. I love me some George. Not with Izzy though and yeah, Denny. Oh Denny. I sobbed when he died. Just sobbed. Love him. Love him even more now that I know he and that WEEDS chick broke up. Whatever.

Meredith is whiny though. I'm not liking her so well these days, and Dr. Hahn well, she reminds me of a really ugly drag queen. She needs to go. She's way more arrogant than Burke.

Sunday, November 25, 2007 9:04:00 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Too funny and very true! Things have been a bit on the gory side lately. Poor Seth! I watched it today actually on TiVo. I'm sick of the Izzy and George thing. I can't handle the cheating on the spouse story line, although it's over with now. They just need to move on. Maybe Izzy and Hahn? Hmmm....that would be a hot combo! I've been sick of Meredith since the second season. I was kinda hoping they'd kill her ass off with the whole ferry crash thing.

Okay, I think I've said enough!

Sunday, November 25, 2007 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

OMG I LOVE Seth Greem! and you girlfriend, only YOU could throw a Silence of the Lambs reference into a GA post. True talent that is!

I've yet to ever watch an episode other than the very first...Must resist...
Stacie

Sunday, November 25, 2007 11:13:00 PM  
Blogger Sailor said...

Hmmmm. I haven't watched any episodes yet... nor, from your description of wanting to "...gouge at my own eyes...", am I likely to.

Ah well, I'll continue in in my ignorance of the finer points of GA.

Monday, November 26, 2007 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger FTN said...

Today, I answer the question: Can I comment on a post about a television show that I've never seen?

Yes. Yes, I can.

Monday, November 26, 2007 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

SNORT!
That bomb squad guy was hot, I cried in that episode because they killed off a spectacular specimen. In fact, they should bring him back, it is tv after all. And Denny was pretty cute too, I think it was the twinkle in his eyes and his damn voice that did me in there. Seriously!?! Seriously. Take it easy baby, make it last all night...she was...an american girl.

grbthchm

Monday, November 26, 2007 12:06:00 PM  
Blogger Mandy Lou said...

Seriously?! I never knew you loved GA as I do! I too love the bomb squad guy to the point of freeze framing him (though I always tried to get a good shot of his tush before he went boom!).

As a matter of fact I am currently re-watching Seth Green go all CSI on the room.

And I'm with you on the Dr. Hahnn thing, it was sad that she wasn't accidentally crushed by the ambulance (much like the Wicked Witch was crushed by Dorothy's house), but there's always the season finale?! Seriously!

Monday, November 26, 2007 8:19:00 PM  
Blogger 1blueshi1 said...

different kinda grrl, you make me wanta be a better...blogger. Seriously. "All things can be done through shoes"--FANTASTIC. I couldn't have said it better myself (and, sadly, I didn't. fondles shoes.)

Monday, November 26, 2007 8:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at all the chickies lusting after Kyle Chandler!! His mama would be proud.

I'm right there with you on Hahn. From the first time she appeared during the Denny storyline, my husband & I will reference the SOTL "lotion" line. Either that, or "Oh wait... Was she a great big fat person?" That never gets old.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

Never watched it, so I couldn't tell you how to beat the addiction. But, I can relate because I am addicted to my stupid soaps even though they get more idiotic by the day! lol

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 12:52:00 PM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

kimmy - I cried like a child being scolded by it's mother when Denny died. Like it was no big surprise, but gah! BAWLED. I'm weak. What can I say.

Chuck - I'm thinking Izzie and Christine might make an interesting adventure. Looking over their surgical masks one day, their eyes meet. Alas, I don't go for that whole lesbian thing. Eh. Now maybe I've talked too much!

Stacie - The beauty of my life is that there is rarely a time when I DON'T inject a SOL quote into the proceedings. Seriously. If people get bitchy with me about it, I'm all "It does what it's told or it gets the hose." I'm a blast at parties.

Sailor - I admire your strength and ability to avoid Grey's Anatomy. That's downright amazing!

FTN - I'd be sorely disappointed if you didn't comment. If I write about anything, I expect you to comment. And if I write about BOOBS! I hope you comment twice.

Make that three times.

Nan - Here's my diagnosis for the whole 'sparkling eyes/dreamy voice' thing - just close your eyes and make loud noises to drown out the other. It's nasty in the end, and it's best to avoid that bug. Blech.

shrkitswhts4dnnr

Mandy - Seriously! Were you a bit grossed out by the river of blood? I mean, yeah, it was clearly going to happen from the moment we learned about it at the top of the show, but my sweet baby jesus, I was NOT prepared for the fountain of O negative we had pour over us. Gah!

We can totally dish now about Grey's! But not on Fridays, because I often don't get to it right away! Thank goodness for DVRs.

1blueshi1 - Oh, my sweet girl, you are good as you are. Snarky, worth many a chuckle. I dig ya. Me? I can be moody and petulant, but if that's what you're going for, I bet the folks under my roof wouldn't mind you having temporary custody of those traits from time to time.

Taja - Dear God. I'm in love with you, I think. And I know I told Chuck up there that I wasn't into that whole "lesbian" thing, but seriously. My God. The SOL quoting is magical. If you ever wanna, you know? With me? Yeah, you just let me know.

Choppzs - I'm a follower of "The Young and The Restless," so if you're ever in Genoa City and wanna dish, you know where to find me!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 11:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home