...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

and i'm like 'forget you and forget my blog password too'

So Blogger was down for a few days last week, huh? I guess I could use that as my excuse for not writing for ::cough:: a month, but to be truthful, I must confess. The reason I've not been here is because I forgot the password to log into my Blogger account.

Seriously.

I've been writing here for nearly five years, and then boom! I drew a giant blank on the combination of words I've been typing in on the Blogger homepage since day one that allows me to gain access to this secret lair, as well as comment at your places of business. If that wasn't bad enough, travel back in time with me, won't you, as I remind you what I last wrote about...

"I'm not stupid. I'm not stupid now, I've never been stupid, and I don't plan on getting stupid."

Ha! Ha, ha, ha, ha...ha! If there weren't already a song about irony, I could write one, don'tcha think?
Link
So, hello, friends. It's good to see you again. How are you? What have I been up to? Oh, nothing special. Bracing myself for the end of the school year (three weeks away! Hooray!)(also, I've apparently been penning a little poetry). Purposely listening to this Justin Bieber song on the way to work (question - is there anything that Ludacris won't be featured on?). Playing a little game called 'Angry Birds.' Ever heard of it? Of course you have. Everyone in the world has heard of it and already grown bored of playing it by the time I discovered it a week ago. Hey, wanna talk about how cuckoo craaaazeee that nice fellow Charlie Sheen's been lately?!

I've also been trapped inside a lot because my hours at work (from an already generous 15 a week!) were cut and the weather's been so crappy I don't want to leave the house, so I've been working out six days a week and doing a lot of reading.

Cripes, I just realized what I've been doing is living the life of a prisoner! Alas, no Wendy O. Williams in "Reform School Girls" action up in this joint. Bummer. I do have biceps like a couple of angry vipers now, though. Tiny, still gestating in the egg vipers, but just you wait. Go heavy or go home, wussies! Also, here's a tip - I made friends with Rob Lowe so I could hear his stories and now you don't have to. You'll thank me because I'm your real friend for saving you the time you would've wasted on that one. Sorry, Sodapop Curtis. Please don't look at me like that (p.s. - for the love of heaven, why isn't "St. Elmo's Fire" on Netflix instant streaming?!)(trivia - I had the love theme from "St. Elmo's Fire" played during my wedding because I'm what the natives like to call hella romantic...and because the song that plays at the end of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," while awesome, wouldn't have conveyed the same tender emotion I was going for with the day. Oh, no)(chicka chicka).

I think that's about it. Pretty boring. In retrospect, I guess you should be happy I forgot my log in information because if this is the type of thunder I'm bringing, well then, go on out there strapped to your wireless microphones and holding your giant steel rods (not a metaphor), because you're safe in this storm! For now, I've got a cake to frost (again, not a metaphor) and some hot dogs to grill (possibly a metaphor). When I do have more to say, I'll be back!

(so...I guess see you in two months next time, huh?)

Labels:

21 Comments:

Anonymous Cat said...

I am here!! *waves frantically* And I am sooooo happy to see you pop up in my google reader, as I have missed your witty words, m'lady!

I suppose calling you out on the fact that you do not need to log into blogger to comment on *my* blog, would be in the category of uncouth, eh? *coughs*

Until your next post, best regards! ;)

Sunday, May 15, 2011 4:58:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I'll cheese right back at ya...with some additional teen lyrics...totally tying into both your Bieber and your thunder:

You'll always be my thunder
So bring on the rain
And bring on the thunder

~Boys LIke Girls

It's alright if you're disturbed. That's normal.

Sunday, May 15, 2011 6:43:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

welcome back!

Sunday, May 15, 2011 7:21:00 PM  
Blogger Possum said...

...angry birds?...seriously never heard of it! Glad you remembered your log in details :)

Sunday, May 15, 2011 7:25:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin McKeever said...

I thought you abandoned us because you finally snagged yourself a Jonas Brother.

Sunday, May 15, 2011 8:00:00 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

Just don't leave the cake out in the rain. . . I don't think that I could take that. . .

Well, the way my old blog-friends (the friendships are old, not the bloggers) are fading away like a bunch of Old Soldiers lately, I wasn't sure I was ever gonna see you again. Glad you're not leaving just yet. . .

WordVer = 'colonco': your one-stop store for replacement colons. . .

Sunday, May 15, 2011 9:22:00 PM  
Blogger Sailor said...

Glad to see you back! I note too, a few more than just three still reading, so ya see, you're much loved!

Sunday, May 15, 2011 10:04:00 PM  
Blogger Bijoux said...

Well, now I'm disappointed. I was going to pick up the Rob Lowe book just to relive the Brat Pack days. Sigh**

BTW, Yello's 'Oh Yeah' is one of my faves ever!

Monday, May 16, 2011 7:13:00 AM  
Blogger Leandra said...

You know, I read the excerpt from Rob's book that was published in Vanity Fair. At least I think it was an excerpt, but anyhoo, it was about the casting process for The Outsiders. I found it immensely fascinating because that used to be --- HELL, still is -- one of my favorite movies and the thought that Tom Cruise could have played Soda Pop just blows my mind!

So, what I'm saying is "Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay gold."

Or something like that.

Monday, May 16, 2011 7:19:00 AM  
Blogger The Savage said...

Missed you bunches!
It's so hard to find someone to lust after ya know...

Monday, May 16, 2011 8:18:00 AM  
Blogger SciFi Dad said...

Welcome back.

Did Rob Lowe say anything about Rackie?

Monday, May 16, 2011 9:39:00 AM  
Blogger FTN said...

Forgotten login info for months at a time? Yup, I think I've done that.

I find it amusing that as widespread as that song is (the one from the ending of Ferris Bueller, I mean), I would venture that less than 10% of us know what it's called and who performed it.

Monday, May 16, 2011 1:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

St Elmos Fire theme is that the one with singing and the "ST Elmos fire" line or is it a musical version? I'm just picturing you busting out to the former song. And in my mind it is awesome!

Monday, May 16, 2011 3:04:00 PM  
Blogger Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

My biceps are like tube socks full of yogurt!

Welcome back!

Monday, May 16, 2011 6:21:00 PM  
Blogger justmakingourway said...

Yay! That Bieber song is on my running playlist. That's right, I said it.

Selfishly? I'm psyched you've been away as long as I have - I'm not many posts behind! (for once)

I was recently discussing Rob Lowe with someone and we pulled up a bunch of google images, (seriously, why is google still not a word in spellcheck?) and came to the consensus that - although quite adorable in his early years, he is uber-hot now.

Thoughts?

Monday, May 16, 2011 8:24:00 PM  
Blogger lime said...

ya know, the ferris bueller thing would have been better at my wedding than being announced to the theme from rocky. no, i did not choose that. but hey thanks for the book warning. you rock, even if the memory is fading.

Monday, May 16, 2011 8:27:00 PM  
Blogger SILVIA said...

really great!!!
this style is so cute...=)
xxx

follow u honey

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 6:11:00 AM  
Blogger Kate Coveny Hood said...

Do you watch Glee? I totally thought of you when Kurt said, "What about prom Blaine?!"

I've been gone forever too. Trying to remedy that with shorter posts. I attempt this every few months. Maybe this time it will stick.

E-mail me - I've been wondering how you've been doing. If things are getting better...

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:20:00 PM  
Blogger the weirdgirl said...

In two months I expect a full report on your rippling abs and giant biceps. You're already at the stage where you're staring at yourself in the mirror because of the awesomeness, right? Admit it, we won't judge.

Friday, May 20, 2011 9:01:00 AM  
Blogger Bex said...

1. Download Last Pass. You'll thank me.

2. Last night I saw and Angry Birds t-shirt at JC Penney. Other T-shirts in the Jr dept I liked were, Yogi Bear and transformers. However, I bought none of them bc I can't remember the last time I wore a character t-shirt. For some reason, that sounds fun to me now.

3. Earlier that same day, I bought a WWF (wildlife - not wrestling) t-shirt and hesitated bc maybe the panda looked too kid-like.

4. I'm paranoid about dressing too young for my age.

Sunday, May 29, 2011 1:49:00 PM  
Blogger Homemaker Man said...

Excellent wedding song choice. I always thought that the Ferris Bueller theme would be the song I chose if auditioned for American Idol.

Then I suddenly got to old.

But now there's the Voice!

Ok. Anyway. Good to read you.

Thursday, June 09, 2011 6:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home