...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

girl with a groove with the big bust on, big bust on

so i have these ideas floating around in my head, posts i want to write, truly very important things i wish to say to all of you kind enough to plop on the couches around here.

ok, that's not true. it must be so obvious i come to you clueless most times. i slice something open and this stuff pours out of me and i think, "well, um. ok." and then i hit "publish" and hope you'll come back. and i hope you come back, truly, because some of you have really broken in some spots on the couch and you seem to fit there. and i've made cookies.

probably another reason i have nothing to say lately is because i've been spinning around my house, the mini and the yard to
this. i'm obsessed with this song! give me a second. i have to dance again.

doom da da di da di doom da da di da di.


ok.

oh, trust me. i didn't want to like it when i first heard it. not at all. but like everclear and cherry kool-aid, my college cocktail of choice, i was hooked quickly. i'm all girl crushing on the entire cd. a tasty mix of scissor sisters, freddy mercury, and the bee gees. plus, he's kinda cute. seriously. i hear this entire cd in my head even when it's not directly piped into my ears.

as a result, today you get randomness. and this. oh, you will dance, my friends. i demand it. and i kind of wish to see it, too.

sidenote - those of you who considered me a "thinking blogger" are so doubting yourselves right about now, aren't you? thinking to yourselves "in the event you are unable to fulfill your duties..." and such. things will get better, trust me. don't strip away my title just yet. wait. you think if you do it will get you a step closer to the kick ass rack? nice.

or was that why you chose me in the first place? thinking i'd give it up? nice.

time for a transition. i need a haircut. it's getting drastic. i freakin' love my longer hair. it's all "don't hate me because i'm beautiful in my own mind. what? you don't think so? who are you to judge me?" hot, and the pig tails are stellar, but the bangs are out of control. well past my nose.

in other words. i'm sexy and rocking a tremendous
joey ramone (btw..."rock and roll high school" is one of those movies i've seen more times than i can count. one summer, with cable's shiny virgin introduction in our house, i watched it and this almost daily. here's where i confess i'm actually an 80 year old man writing this under the guise of being a 17 year old high school girl. and that it bothers me a little bit that a religious observation is then followed by sex. geez, neil...).

anyway, where was i? oh. my bangs. so i'm standing at the bathroom counter sunday morning, all perfectly dewy, drying my hair, which is nearly poking my eyes out and fluttering around my nose as it covers my face, when in walks my husband in his adorableness. i strike a pose that hangs delicately between demure and stunning (i'll give you a moment...) and say, "don't i look sexy? or maybe like joey ramone?"

"or cousin itt," he says, albeit with a grin, but the moment is gone. click on the hair dryer again, pull my hips back to their upright position and inform him that comment is penalty box worthy.

because obviously, had he agreed i looked like joey ramone, i'd have thrown him down on the bed and bliztkrieg bopped him.


i realized this week that i've developed this habit of calling people "something mcsomethingsons." because i like to jump on a fad that is on its waning moments of cleverness.

for example, my youngest is dashing to the front door of the school yesterday as i call behind him, "slow down there, mr. shorty mcshortyshorts." and he did stop. to give me a look like i was insane.

my oldest has been "wacky mcwackmeister," and "stinky mcstinkster" this week. my hairy neighbor is truly "creepy mccreepenstien." the husband is "notgettin'any mcdenied." i know that doesn't rhyme and therefore doesn't fit into the rhythm of the game, but seriously, he called me cousin itt.

me? i'm kick ass mckickenstein, commander of all i survey.

randomness, folks. this 80 year old man needs to go watch "the price is right," eat some chocolate pudding and take a nap now. besides, i trust that anyway you want to, anyway you've got to, love me, love love me, love love. trust me. you'll get hooked, too. or invite me over for everclear and cherry kool-aid cocktails, which, if you’ll recall my propensity to turn alcohol into sex, has its pros and cons.
doom da da di da di doom da da di da di.

Labels:

24 Comments:

Blogger JUnderCovers said...

I too have jumped on the McBandwagon, thanks to Jon Stewart and Kevin James. I call our fattest cat "Fatty McButterpants" or "Fatty McGee" just because it makes me giggle and she doesn't understand anyway.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger ArtfulDodger said...

Alrighty then, honestly I'm not sure exactly what we just talked about there, some confusion reigns over me right about now. but i laughed a few times along the way, so I must have enjoyed myself. :)

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:56:00 AM  
Blogger Desmond Jones said...

Oh, yeah - see, the randomness (random-osity?) is all just part of the overall kickass-ness of it all.

Regrets? Naaah.

Oh - and Cousin Itt has two t's. FYI. . .

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger Confused Husband said...

Everclear!? MMMmmmmmmmm everclear. Those were the days.

No! I was never a borderline alcoholic. Why do you ask?

And FTN better stay out of my spot on the couch. Every time he sits there I have to reset my ass groove. It took a long time to get that groove just right.
CH

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 1:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my my my, you haven't seen no 80 yr old man until you've seen me dance .... ain't gonnna happen, nuh uh. But nice try.

An my Oddkin is about to be a 17yr old High School girl and she taught me Random. You got it for sure.

XI

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 1:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm I gotta be honest here. I clicked on the first link and about drove an ice pick into my ear within 30 seconds. As to the hair, just don't pull a Britney on us.That would make you Skinny McSkinhead

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 3:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really, FADKOG, lay off the Jolt Cola and put down the Mountain Dew...step away from the Starbucks, ma'am and no one will get hurt...

Haha. Have a great Weds. night!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 5:18:00 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Yay Mika! Grace Kelly is awesome! It's been my ringtone on my phone for about 2 months now, and half the time I have to call people back because I'm too busy dancing to the ring to answer!!

doom da da di da di doom da da di da di (stuck in my head now too!)

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:53:00 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Mika...never heard of him, but he's kinda cute! It's the eyes that do it for me....love his eyes.

Stacie
(ps, working on the commenting problem...I'll let you know when it's fixed)

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:54:00 PM  
Blogger The Savage said...

Ummmmmm the music.. errrr... I still lust you anyways...
I liked the firstone though... kinda techno disco..... I likes techno.. I think I should send you my newest fave....

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:52:00 PM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

j - i have chalked this information into the column labled "yet more reasons these two appear to have been seperated at birth." if this fad has died off at the point we ever cross paths, let's just do refer to each other using it, ok? because that would be sweet!

art - thanks for at least laughing along at my randomness. this is why i appreciate the blog world. my "real lifers" would be questioning the need for meds as a means of calming me! after i made them dance, of course.

desmond - thanks for stepping up as my editor! and for humoring me in my randomosity. i assume this means i get to retain my title?

confused - you may not have been a borderline alcoholic, but when i discovered the intoxicating powers of the everclear, goodness, the days they were like christmas and my birthday, rolled into one. i'm quite sure i couldn't even sustain one drink made with it today, though. seriously. a couple glasses of wine, a few beers, and i'm truly doing what i say i do as a result of the drink!

xi - thanks for passing through! trust me. it's ok to dance. that's the beauty of this world. no one can see you (unless you feel compelled to post video, then let me know). i simply can't stop doing it today. i'm doing it now, but i have to tell you that because you can't see me. can you? hmm. wait. see what's happening here? yep. random 17 year old babble kicking in...

finished - i say give it more chances. trust me. though if you refuse, i'll use this as my counter attack to your apparent love of the barenaked ladies (and i'll always feel the need to clarify this means the band and not real barenaked ladies, because that's what people who ramble do). and believe me, i intend to stay harry mcharenstein of the new york mcharensteins for some time!

lbp - the ony way anyone will get hurt is if they get to close to me while i'm spinning around my room right now. may have to shoot me with a tranquilizer gun soon...

chrissy - yeah for joining with me!! i danced and danced on the way home from work and to the video clips here about 20 minutes ago. i so amuse myself! i'm afraid what would happen if i had one of those ringtones! people would stop calling me, probably.

stacie - the eyes, yes, are delightful. i'm a mouth girl. i know. it seems an odd thing to notice so quickly. i chalk it up to being a reporter, always looking at people when they talk. good lips get me distracted! and i've been reading and keeping up with you, have lots of oh so interesting things to say, so i'll be glad when you get back on track!

savage - ah, if you lust me as much as you say you do, you will fall at my feet in utter agreement about these songs. no questions asked, mister. no quibbling the details!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely very random but cool 2C what's going on your head little lady.

Thursday, April 05, 2007 2:46:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

If you really are an 80 year old man, do you have a lot of money? Because I'd love to be your Anna, just steer me clear of the Howard K. Stern. ;)

You will always be worthy of a thinking blogger award!

gjdomdsw
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy

Thursday, April 05, 2007 4:47:00 AM  
Blogger The Savage said...

But the force is still strong in me.. so neener neener neener....

Thursday, April 05, 2007 5:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you just summed up my whole personality perfectly with this sentence: "because I like to jump on a fad that is on its waning moments of cleverness."

Oh yeah.

I'll be back...good stuff...

Thursday, April 05, 2007 6:52:00 AM  
Blogger FTN said...

What the hell did you just make me watch? Is YouTube giving you some sort of a commission on these posts?

Tell CH to get off my spot on the couch. And bring me some more cookies.

Thursday, April 05, 2007 8:18:00 AM  
Blogger FTN said...

Hello again.

Hello.

Thursday, April 05, 2007 8:18:00 AM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

nocturnal - i just realized that i slipped in your whole "penalty box" reference. didn't get hurt, though, so that's a good thing. lots of other stuff in my head, of course, but sometimes you have to keep it there!

nanette - if the promise of $12 and some pop cans you can redeem for 5 cents apiece appeals to you and makes you want me for me money, then hop on lady! i may just also be convinced to sell plasma to if it means we hang out in my waning days!

savage - the boys sure do love "their force"

wendy - thanks for visiting. glad you feel this particular entry worthy of prompting a return visit! my thing with putting my personal death grip on fads is they show up so late here. takes awhile for them to cross the rockies. or they get holed up in chicago checking out the sights. by they time they show up here, they're pretty weak and just want to lay around on the couch!

ftn - some people pimp their blog entries....some people spread the youtube wealth. i know it's not healthy, "but i got an appetite for..." (yeah. i have to stop...).

actually, i have an appetite for chocolate chip cookies. i hope those suffice, pushy mcpushmeister.

ftn - and to feel this way when i hear you say...hello...

Thursday, April 05, 2007 8:49:00 AM  
Blogger April said...

you amuse us all, my dear...not just yourself. :)

of course, now i want to throttle you b/c that song is now stuck in my head!

Thursday, April 05, 2007 2:02:00 PM  
Blogger Shay said...

I've been doing that Mc thing too!!
Well... I've been doing it for a while, and my cat seems to enjoy it ^_~

Thursday, April 05, 2007 3:58:00 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

I think it's fixed! :P
How 'bout that beer now?
Stacie

Thursday, April 05, 2007 4:16:00 PM  
Blogger Edtime Stories said...

I am afraid now...very afraid

Thursday, April 05, 2007 7:21:00 PM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

april - oh, honey, that song will grow on you. you may want to throttle me now, but very soon i predict you're going to want to dance with me! i hope your birthday was stellar, btw!

shay - so glad you stopped through! i've snuck through your neighborhood a time or five. i'm always the quiet girl in the back. sooner or later, i raise my hand!

my 'mchabit' is rubbing off on my youngest. after determining i am not, in fact, insane, we have played this game off each other quite well lately. today, though, i was 'mama mcsillybutt,' so he may have won that round.

stacie - yeah for problem solving! you seem to be the queen of that! i'll be visiting as soon as i hit 'publish' on this, and just so you know, i love my beer very, very cold and out of a bottle. sigh...beer...

ed - look who stopped by! don't let my scary nature keep you away! was it the music or my rambling that made you afraid? heh. this is really just an example of what it's like to live with me!

Thursday, April 05, 2007 11:04:00 PM  
Blogger Recovering Soul said...

hey cousin itt, sorry I am late to the party. Did you hear that Bob Barker is retiring soon? He has been hosting the price is right longer than I have been alive!

Friday, April 06, 2007 9:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home