...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

just so you know, there's a chance you'll be humming a John Mellencamp tune the rest of the day...

Do you ever come around here and wish, "Wow, I wish there was more kick ass FADKOG action going on!" (before you answer, you should know I'm being held together by a pretty weak emotional link these days, so, you know, no pressure...)?

Well, I'm still down there with my little love letter (do not all love letters use the word 'orgasm'?), but today, you can also visit me at Midwest Parents, where, thanks to a very kind request from Heather at Cool Zebras, I had the opportunity to guest post. I used the opportunity to write about growing up in a small town, and raising my sons today in this same, no longer quite so small town. After spending some time here, I hope you'll head over to Midwest Parents and visit me there, too (weak emotional link, remember...).

15 Comments:

Blogger DKC said...

Hey Sweets! Let's shore up that weak link! Left you a comment over there...

My word verification is plites, which looks an awful lot like pilates. Think the internets is trying to tell me something?

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 8:19:00 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Heading over there now. Only because of the weak emotional link ;)

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said...

We heart you. :)

heading over now!

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Weak emotional link - British bulldog spirit heading your way.

Never, never, never, never give up.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Going right now. I certainly don't want to be the one who pushes you over the edge...

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Bijoux said...

Truth: I get misty whenever I hear "Little Pink Houses."

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Desmond Jones said...

It seems a tad lame, given that we've never, in point of fact, actually met each other (altho I do cherish the minute or so we spent on the phone last fall), but I'll do what I can to shore up your weak emotional link. . .

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger Sailor said...

Hoping the weak link is held together and grows stronger... great post, over there>>>, left ya a comment.

Hmm, how come when I comment on your blog, I get fun words like "Bitings" for the verification? What am I to bite??

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 12:09:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy B! said...

Heading over.... I always go where I'm told :)

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 1:37:00 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I've never been in a small town, though growing up a limited area was home, it still was a continuous city for miles and miles. Now that I am older I would rather do big towns, where I have an enormous amount of things to pick from, even though I mostly do the same little things every time.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 3:01:00 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Hmmm...sounds an awful lot like emotional blackmail to me...but that's fine...I'm going!

Feel better girl!

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 4:30:00 PM  
Blogger steenky bee said...

For you? Anything. Absolutely anything.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 5:53:00 PM  
Blogger 2amsomewhere said...

(returns from Midwest Parents)

Great post! But then again, I'd expect nothing less from such a find seamstress of gripping prose. :-)

But, as someone who spent the first 18 years of his life growing up in The Small Town about which said Mellencamp song was written, I don't have a sentimental bond to that place. Granted, I had a hard time leaving because it was the only place I had known, but I never felt at "home" there.

--
2amsomewhere
(goes to work in some high rise, but doesn't vacation down in the Gulf of Mexicooooooo!)

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 9:02:00 PM  
Blogger San Diego Momma said...

I know from weak emotional links...

See ya at Midwest Parents.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin McKeever said...

I'm late to the party, but I will follow like a puppy at your heels.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 8:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home