...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Monday, October 12, 2009

hey...wanna hear a joke?

Knock knock!

(that's your cue)

(I'm not kidding about the joke!)

(do you need me to start over?)

Knock knock!

(you're saying "Who's there?" right? Good!)

Not me!

(your turn again...do we have to start this over again? no? oh, sorry. I didn't hear you.)

Not me who!

Bwahahahahahaha!

What? That was hilarious!! 'Not me who!' Cripes, that's a classic! People are going to be repeating that for decades! So long "Aren't you glad I didn't say orange!" There's a new classic knock knock joke in town!

Why aren't you laughing? Listen - 'Not me who!' Did your sense of humor stay home today? Sheesh.

Wait! Where are you going? Come back! There's more to the joke! I know. I know. Unless your a little kid who doesn't know when to stick the laugh, most knock knock jokes end right there, but there's more to mine. Ready?

Ready?

Please?

Pretty please?

Come on! Just play along!

Ok, say "Not me who?"

(waiting!)

Not me who boo hoo hoo!

Why aren't you laughing? That's a perfectly fantastic joke! Don't you get it? I'm not HERE, and you're all BOO HOO HOO. Hilarious! What are you? Dead inside?

OK, let me try this joke on you - Why did the reader click the link?

To get to my guest post over at Kat's Three Bedroom Bungalow!

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA! Stop! Stop it now! My sides ache! I might pee my pants, and omg, seriously, I can only do that if I have a cold accompanied by a hacking cough, so STOP LAUGHING!

No, wait! What am I saying? Go visit me over the pond at Kat's place, where I share a little Halloween-related story involving devils and devilish things. Don't worry, though. It's a sweet, heart-warming tale, which is odd when you consider it features devils and perhaps evil hobos. I promise you, though, you won't end up in...INTENSIVE SCARE!!

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger Desmond Jones said...

I don't get it. . .

Monday, October 12, 2009 9:08:00 AM  
Blogger Christina Lee said...

Why did the chicken cross the playground?

To get to the other SLIDE!!!
:)

Monday, October 12, 2009 10:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, Halloween knock knock jokes. I can't wait until I have kids and get subjected to all that. Thanks for the warmup.

Monday, October 12, 2009 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Knock, knock jokes. Oh yes. They're right up there with that Pete and Repeat joke. You know that one.

Pete and Repeat were in a boat. Pete fell out. Who was left?

(The person, if paying attention, answers, "Repeat.")

And it goes on, and on, and on, like the freakin' Energizer Bunny.

I jumped across the pond and read the devil story. Pretty funny.

Monday, October 12, 2009 10:43:00 AM  
Anonymous bejewell said...

Not me who BOO HOO HOO?!?! BWAAAH HAHAHAAA!!!

I get it! I totally get it!!

Monday, October 12, 2009 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger TentCamper said...

wow....ever thought of stand up comedy?

good.

anyway...you might just be as far out there as I am.

Monday, October 12, 2009 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

Knock Knock...Who's There.
Hoof.
Hoof, who?

Hoof Arted.

my 4 year old (at the time) made that up. Swearz.

Monday, October 12, 2009 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger Brian o vretanos said...

Not bad, but if you want to avoid getting lynched, you'll need to be more dead-pan.

Monday, October 12, 2009 11:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Tari said...

came to visit from over at Kat's. Loved the devil post. I'll be back for more.

Monday, October 12, 2009 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger Bekah said...

oy.

Monday, October 12, 2009 2:09:00 PM  
Blogger Maureen@IslandRoar said...

But I don't want to be "totally dead insie..."

Monday, October 12, 2009 3:33:00 PM  
Blogger AiringMyLaundry said...

Er...

Did you really get that from Jonas?

They scare me.

Monday, October 12, 2009 5:34:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I think you have officially lost it. (And I mean that in a very loving way!)

Monday, October 12, 2009 7:37:00 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

And here I thought that because the kids are at school I had escaped...and then you came along.

Seriously got it from the Jonas show? Scary!

Monday, October 12, 2009 8:28:00 PM  
Blogger bernthis said...

This my favorite post of yours. U r nuts and we can now be twinsies

Monday, October 12, 2009 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger lime said...

what do yo uget when you cross a brown chicken and a brown cow?

brownchickenbrowncow (bow-chicka-wow-wow)

ok, i'll leave now.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 8:37:00 AM  
Blogger Desmond Jones said...

OK, as the father of eight children, each of whom has been a four-year-old at one point in his/her life, I feel myself obligated to contribute this nugget of pure comedic gold to the conversation:

Knock, knock

Who's there?

Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear who?

Yogi Bear in his underwear!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 9:26:00 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

I'll try it out on the toddlers and see if they laugh;O

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

Des - It's just a poor excuse for me to tell some lame jokes and then direct you all to a guest post I wrote elsewhere. Hilarious!!

Christina Lee - I honestly have never heard that version of that joke. I'm suggesting my youngest use that for his Halloween joke!

Meg - You say that now, but wait for that day when your future child comes home with a joke book from the library. Oh, you'll laugh at the jokes, but before you know it, your laugh is just your sanity holding on by a thread!

Pat - I am SO not going to tell my kids about Pete and Repeat jokes!

bejewell - It's a total knee slapper, ain't it? ;)

Tent Camper - Wait...are you saying my jokes aren't funny, mister?

Swirl Girl - Another joke I might have to tell my youngest so he'll roll all over the floor laughing. Seeing that might be worth having him repeat it over and over again!

Brian - I've got a little bit of a Steven Wright delivery style. Bone dry.

Tari - I'm glad you came over to read. Hope to see you back!

bekah - Pretty much.

Maureen - No one ever really wants that.

WhisperingWriter - Honestly? Yep. I know...

Under the Influence - I have lost it, and I must confess, I miss it!

Mad Woman - It's safe to assume you're never safe around here. Or something like that.

bernthis - Yeah! Can we start dressing alike now?

lime - OK, now THIS is my favorite joke shared here! I can't tell this one to my kid, though. Too complicated to explain!

Des - It's a joke AND a poem! Assume!

Nap Warden - I have a joke about olives that is killer if none of these work on them!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 1:40:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

are you a hobo looking for change

"no"

because your not making ant cents

Tuesday, January 05, 2010 5:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home