...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

river deep, mountain high

for never busting out with what happened on "heroes" before i can watch it, even though i pull the "was it?? no! don't tell me! ok, damn! was it?! no...don't tell me!" routine on you.

for letting me sleep in on the weekends and waking me up in some unique fashion when it gets to be after 10 a.m., and you fear i'll sleep the day away (though i suspect you know i'm faking being asleep by then and am merely waiting for your return to bed).

for pretty much taking the reigns on giving the boys their baths since they were babies so i can simply sit down a moment.

for being the person our sons adore. seriously. many days i am of the opinion you are the sun they orbit around.

for working so i am able to stay home and help raise our family, for never saying "when are you going to get a real job?" because you know i actually have one now, and for never outwardly stressing about situations this one-income lifestyle can raise even when you see me freaking out about it.

for still grabbing my ass when i'm standing at the bathroom counter getting ready for the day or leaning over the kitchen counter eating peanut butter toast and reading the newspaper.

for never busting me when you get in the mini after i've been in there and nearly get blown out from the sonic boom of the radio i've left cranked to 40.

for shoveling the snow, getting me ice cream when i simply raise my eyebrow and suggest it, and for the imperfect (and ok, really annoying) way you fold underwear.

but mostly for putting up with me. you may or may not read this. i have no idea. but if you do, here you go. we're not the best at saying it much, but we hopefully both know it.

for these and many more significant things.

and seriously, especially for the "heroes" thing...

7 Comments:

Blogger Fusion said...

FADKOG, sounds like you have a kickass husband there! (to borrow a word from your profile)

Thanks for the nice e-mail too!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 1:16:00 AM  
Blogger FTN said...

Aw, that's so sweet.

But what's wrong with the way I fold underwear?

Hmm. It just occurred to me that this post may not have been about me.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 8:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very sweet.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 1:26:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I think you should print it out and give it to him! :D

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 5:53:00 PM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

fusion - thank you! honestly, the dude's not too shabby!

ftn - ah, honey, you fold underwear fine, so maybe this *is* about you and i wasn't sure if we were going public or not, so i was veiling things. ah...honestly, i gotta say. it feels good to let it all out and to let the world know.

finished - thank you!

nanette - he got the hook-up! hope you had a great day!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger Desmond Jones said...

Wait a minute. . . you guys fold your underwear?

Seriously, DKG, I'll go along w/ the others and say that this was a very touching post. And, it's always good to bump into other happy marriages; sort of confirms that I'm on the right track. . .

Thursday, February 15, 2007 9:39:00 AM  
Blogger JUnderCovers said...

Aww, that's sweet. I'm glad there's other happy couples out there too. I must say, at the risk of tooting my horn (ouch!), that could have been about me (and Mrs. J). Except for the spoiler thing--she LOVES to know ahead of time, and I hate it. So if I know, I always tell her, and she loves it.

Friday, February 16, 2007 7:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home