...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

'cards with the 'tards. who could beat a night of cards, chips, dips and dorks?'

You know how sometimes you're just digging around, hoping to find treasures, but all you're coming up with is stuff that makes you question what you're doing? When you've waded through drama and tears and someone's leftovers?

How about when you think you should maybe just give up the treasure hunt because you're getting nowhere and, honestly, you don't really like having your hands messy? But you tell yourself "Maybe just one more dive. I'll take one more dive into this and see what happens."

Hopefully that's the day you feel your grip hit something that feels different. You don't want to get your hopes up, so you're talking to yourself (as you're wont to do), telling yourself it's probably nothing, don't get your hopes up.

But then you pull it free. You look at it. Maybe give it a poke. And you discover that you have unearthed this really great thing! And you know that even calling it "great" doesn't seem adequate enough (oh, and that "thing," obviously, isn't the word you mean!).

That is what I have discovered in my dear friend,
Nanette (who I know knows I'm not comparing her to muck and mire!). Thank you for your kindness in the miles. We may have to alter our road trip plans (and so be it), but I'd still totally take turns dancing in the front seat with you. I'd even flash you and say "I bet you've never seen two like these before," if you promise to then say "Well, my parents do have cable."

Or we could take turns doing that!


But it will be me who keeps saying thank you.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Awwwww, you are going to make me cry! You know I love you! And w00t! KAR for me!

xecztt

Thursday, August 02, 2007 3:34:00 PM  
Blogger The Savage said...

I am so totally lost with this one.... but I love that movie in the pic....

Thursday, August 02, 2007 4:20:00 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

When you find that rare gem, that one that you can flash KAR to and not think twice about it? Well then that's when you know it's the real deal! I have one of those myself..and I tell ya..I couldn't live without her. I wouldn't want to. So Hugs to you both, for finding each other! Awsome Blossom!
I shall think of you as Thelma and Louise!

Thursday, August 02, 2007 4:33:00 PM  
Blogger Recovering Soul said...

I feel like I am invading on a private moment here, but perhaps it because I have never seen that movie...? And since I'm not the kind of guy who just likes to watch, I'll be on my way!
:)

Friday, August 03, 2007 8:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing what the blogesphere turns up.

Friday, August 03, 2007 9:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooked up with the goods, that's too cool.

Friday, August 03, 2007 9:26:00 AM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

Love that movie too! lol

Friday, August 03, 2007 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

Nan - In two week's time, I've exhausted myself, laughed, cried, snorted and some other things with you. I adore you! The world is not full of strangers. Just people you've not yet been lucky enough to meet.

And can I just say you have the nicest pair of rhododendrons in town!

Savage - Ah! Finally! Finally we're getting to things we agree on! Peanut butter and Miracle Whip sandwiches and now this movie! Bridging gaps, I tell 'ya!

Stacie - The girl rocks my world, without a doubt! Everyone's lucky when they find it that easily.

RS - I assume you'll peek around the corner to find out when it's safe to come back, right? Are you there? RS?

FL - When you keep looking, you do bump into some pretty amazing stuff, for sure!

Nocturnal - Across the miles movie night in the works. This DVD may not be your speed. Maybe next one!

Choppzs - This movie ranks up there in my Top 10 high school favorites!

Friday, August 03, 2007 1:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home