...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

better get yourself together, darlin'

So my husband has a birthday this week.

What's that? Oh, yes, I'll tell him a bunch of my anonymous Internet friends wish him well on his special day. Thanks!

Anyway, he's a tough nut to buy for. Always has been, probably always will be. So I've been racking my brain for gift ideas when it hits me. As I may have mentioned once or twice (or maybe three times), I'm a fan of the grooming. LOVE IT. While I've not gone so much for the full on "hey, let's remember we're grown ups, shall we?" kind of grooming, I do believe in the theory that "where hair grows, so goes some trimmers."

With that in mind, it was as if the Internet was a part of me last week when this popped up after I logged on one day. Problem - freakin' - solved, my friends! I was sold immediately, but the clip about how the Phillips Body Groom "saved the beach" pushed me entirely over the edge, where I expect to land in a soft pile of downy hair that falls upon my bathroom floor after this arrives.

Except that's gross.

(And will surely test the powers of the Dyson)

Firm on the belief that nothing says, "Happy Birthday, Hairy, I love you!" like a personal trimmer (especially in light of some of the gifts I've gotten over the years), I'm ordering this today and fully intend to be going "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" crazy with it very, very soon.

Thank you, Internet, for always being there to solve my problems.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Desmond Jones said...

Ah, you're just toying with me, DKG - busting the Lennon lyric and all. You know I'm putty in yer hands when you bust the Lennon lyrics. . .

But, alas, you know my feelings about. . . body grooming. Heck, this very morning, lying in bed, Molly was waxing rhapsodic about the wonders of the hairy chest it's her lot in life to share her bed with (we won't go into detail about, uh, those other things).

It ain't the Beatles, but. . . "Give me down to there. . ."

(nyuk)

And, hey, there used to be a farmer near where I grew up, whose name was Harry Moon. . .

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 2:31:00 PM  
Blogger FTN said...

I always try not to think about the fact that I use the same pair of trimmers to trim my nether-regions as I do to cut my son's hair.

But rest assured, I'll tell him when he's about 30.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 3:06:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

That's one of the funniest product intros I've ever seen, at least Phillips has a sense of humor!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 6:29:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Penmark said...

My boyfriend actually gave me personal hair trimmers as a gift the SECOND time I visited him! (He is long distance.) I asked him if he was trying to tell me something...hee, hee...

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 8:55:00 PM  
Blogger The Savage said...

have you considered buying him some tools or something for liek the bar be que or some other manly type thing?

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 9:00:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Let me know how that works out, I'm always in the market for a new manscaping tool.

uqgbgf

Thursday, July 19, 2007 12:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nan beat me to it. I think we'll definately need a product review after the fun and frivolity wears off. :)

And that promo was pretty funny.

Thursday, July 19, 2007 8:31:00 AM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

Desmond - Seriously?! Is that all it takes to make you putty in my hands? Lennon lyrics?

All this time I've wasted...

Sigh.

In my cashiering moments, I've encounted a couple of Harry Buttz. My rule was always, if I met someone and fell in love and their last name was something like that, it's maiden names only.

FTN - I didn't want to have to say where my trimmers have been in the past. Or a pair of scissors or two.

So I won't.

Um...you think barbers go in the back when it's slow and use those trimmers for the same thing? Is that what that jar of antiseptic is *really* for?

Michael - Yes, what it boils down to is I'm pretty much a sucker for clever marketing!

Elizabeth - I purchased my own long ago. Trusty little thing!

Savage - Oh, I've worn out the trust "manly" gifts over the years! And grooming is manly!

Nanette - I'll put it through rigorous testing, to be sure it meets my approval.

Terry - Trust me, the joy I get from picking at bodily things and begging for the grooming? It never wears off! Well, it may wear on him, but he puts up with it!

Thursday, July 19, 2007 10:16:00 AM  
Blogger Desmond Jones said...

Well, I was gonna say Beatles, but of course, 'Instant Karma' was John's first solo recording. . .

(Don't tell anybody, but I'm really more of a McCartney guy. . .)

And you know, that girl in 'Last Tango' - now there was some serious 'body hair'. . .

Thursday, July 19, 2007 10:34:00 AM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

Desmond - I'd never tell, because I rather am too, in most cases!

And having never seen "Last Tango..." and yet being vaguely aware of the butter scene and such, I shall take your word. Or hunt it down at my area video store!

Friday, July 20, 2007 9:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home