...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

oh, sexy internet...



Is that a hastily constructed, not to scale model of the Washington Monument in my garage, or are you just happy to see me?

Ah, yes, friends, in the grand tradition of the balloon-powered vehicle and the giant soul-sucking, holiday weekend killing Jamaica project, tonight, we here at the House that Procrastination Built are putting the finishing touches on a project due tomorrow in my third grader's class. A project we didn't start on until last night...at 9:30 p.m., after a Little League baseball game. A project everyone here has known about because I've spent the past two weeks since it was assigned saying things like, "Hey, we should really work on that monument project!" and "Are you sure you wouldn't want to switch your project to the Lincoln Memorial? Because time's a'ticking and we already painstakingly built that monument five years ago, the last time this project rolled around, and I've been saving it in the basement for a day just like this!"

Thank goodness the end of the school year is in sight because this? This model - which is clearly slivered for your pleasure - is the closest thing anyone around here is coming to a good time tonight or any night in the foreseeable future.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Kevin McKeever said...

I prefer my monuments ribbed for pleasure.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 11:07:00 PM  
Blogger Bijoux said...

Are those ass cheeks on top of that monument??

Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:25:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

If you are going to post pictures like that, you better put up one of those adult warnings.

And if I were to suggest landscaping the base with bushes, would that be too crude?

Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:49:00 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

To quote a very obscure song by Melanie, from back in the early 70s (which were really the late 60s, but that's a different matter) (to the tune of The Battle Hymn of the Republic) -

"A thing's a phallic symbol
If it's longer than it's wide. . .
And the id goes marching on. . ."


Did you need a cigarette after you finished?

Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious!

Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

It's such a comfort knowing that I can always turn to your blog for sophisticated humor - and the, uh, architecture.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 2:22:00 PM  
Blogger Sailor said...

I'm soo glad that you had... ummm... fun?

Thursday, May 26, 2011 9:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Pam said...

Well. One little boy is about to become Teacher's Pet. So much for the other little suckers bringing lame-ass apples.

Friday, May 27, 2011 2:37:00 AM  
Blogger Logical Libby said...

At least you didn't have to do the White House... The pillars alone would take hours.

Sunday, May 29, 2011 4:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The head looks detachable, like you could switch it out for other models.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:41:00 PM  
Blogger the weirdgirl said...

That is one awesome monument! To what I'm a little confused about.

Friday, June 03, 2011 2:11:00 PM  
Blogger lime said...

is there a compartment for a battery?

Sunday, June 05, 2011 7:31:00 PM  
Blogger Homemaker Man said...

As my bloggy recalcitrant streak passes from days to weeks, I decide "You know what might get me going? A visit to FADKOG. It's been far too long since I went over there anyway. And her talent often inspires me."

Then, I'm greeted with this.

I LOVE the internet.

And, I said "too long."

Thursday, June 09, 2011 6:35:00 AM  
Blogger Christina Lee said...

HEE!! I've missed ya over here!!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 10:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home