...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

this is what dreams are made of

I woke up this morning following a dream in which I had just joined the famous Duggar family. Not as the spouse of one of the boys or as Jazillionth, the latest child born to Jim Bob and Michelle.

No, in my dream, I joined the Duggars elite army of zombie fighters. From or compound in Arkansas, we'd receive dispatches from survivors and/or resistance fighters, and travel the country in our tour bus to rid America of the scourge that is the undead.

It should be noted that, yes, it's hard to run wearing a long denim skirt, but thankfully, zombies lumber, and you'd be surprised the weaponry you can store in the crown bump of a good spiral perm.

(have I mentioned I've recently started a third job and the stress it's causing in my life is destroying my ability to sleep?)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger middle child said...

Third post read and third post commented on. Have been computer-less for 5 weeks. Either I have been keeping company with some of the dullest knives in the drawer or went insane due to lack of contact with all you guys,....but I find myself again saying.....Awesome post!!!!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 9:19:00 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Bwahahaha! It IS hard to run in a long denim skirt! You kill me.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 7:56:00 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

You know how much I love the Duggars. Me and Jen, and Jim Bob and Michelle, we understand each other. . .

But nobody's signed us on to fight zombies, just yet. . .

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 9:03:00 AM  
Blogger Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

I'm sorry about the stress - if it has denied you sleep, at least it has not deprived you (or us) of your sublime sense of humor, long denim skirt and all.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 9:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New reality show? I'd watch that for sure!

Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the zombie=fighting Duggars..... I haven't heard tell of them in ages.

Friday, April 13, 2012 9:23:00 PM  
Blogger Homemaker Man said...

I don't know which is the scarier advancing horde: Zombies or Duggars. I ether way, you gotta go for the headshot to bring them down.

Friday, April 20, 2012 7:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home