...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

some days you just have to...

  • Give in to the ugly cry.
  • Accept the fact that today, no, you won't be the bigger person.
  • Marvel at the length of the chin hair that seems to appear from nowhere
  • Marvel again at how that mofo resisted the hot wax meant to destroy it and instead destroyed your epidermis.
  • Eat the ice cream straight out of the carton. Damn right. With chocolate syrup squirted on each bite.
  • Use the word 'squirted.'
  • Squirted. Squirted, squirted, squirted, squirted. SQUIRTED!
  • Punch in the nads the second  person who says, "Oh, is somebody on their period?" because they were foolish enough not to see the example laid out by the first person who said that to you.
  • No, btw. That is not this day.
  • Roll the car windows down and go full rock opera when you flip through stations and find yourself in the middle of Bohemian Rhapsody. Oh mamma mia, mamma mia!
  • Wonder what Adam Levine might be like in bed. 
  • My guess? Squirrely. Squirrely, yet gentle. Also scrappy.
  • Acquire a gay boyfriend.
  • Just admit the chocolate chip cookies you've been baking under the guise of afternoon snacks for your kids will end up buried in the freezer as your little secret.
  • Be gleeful when Bohemian Rhapsody is followed by You're The One That I Want.
  • Proclaim 'smooches gracias' your new catchphrase and run it into the ground.
  • (Thanks, gay boyfriend)
  •  Stay up too late (extra shot!) reading your old posts and sighing over how, even when you called it in, it was better then this.
  • Wonder why you're still doing this.
  • Wonder why you're still doing a lot of things.
  • Guzzle three Starbucks white chocolate mochas in one day. Three! One day! Oomp em grande style!

...and that, pals, is pretty much what my days have been since last I posted. I have no good reason not to have blown the dust off here other than I simply don't know what to say. The days have been either boring, routine or bad, so I haven't written about them. Hope you've been well. I do. Thanks for thinking of me.

Or should I say smooches gracias...

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Welcome back. Things haven't changed all that much so you should be able to catch right up.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:30:00 PM  
Blogger middle child said...

My days are routinely bad and I know people find my posts boring but....I write because my head gets too full.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:14:00 PM  
Blogger Bijoux said...

I'm sure we are all just as interesting..........I like to consider who would be better in bed, Levine or Shelton. So, see you again in May?

Friday, December 14, 2012 6:14:00 AM  
Blogger Sailor said...

Laughing at your full-rock opera moments, gotta have those!
Good to see a post :)

Friday, December 14, 2012 6:48:00 AM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

I am glad to see a post here.

Friday, December 14, 2012 8:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So so so glad your back. I had just found you and then you where gone...

Friday, December 14, 2012 8:51:00 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

Good to see you here, my friend; I have missed you.

Obviously a lot has gone on since last we saw each other - ugly cries, gay boyfriends, voices in your head, and such (and - holding you back from what, I'm wondering; but honestly, I don't mean to pry). . .

Wishing you well, and hoping you'll still stop by from time to time. . .

Friday, December 14, 2012 9:15:00 AM  
Blogger lime said...

dang. sorry there have been bad days mixed in with boring and routine. glad for the starbucks, cookies, and gay boyfriend to get you through.

here's a little something that may also give you a chuckle and who couldn't use that?

Friday, December 14, 2012 9:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Pam said...

Hurray! You're Back! A routine you is still better than most. Smooches gracias back atcha!

Friday, December 14, 2012 2:37:00 PM  
Blogger Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

I do think of you and I will. Love and Hugs, Anna

Friday, December 14, 2012 4:18:00 PM  
Blogger cat said...

grande style. heh

I was JUST thinking about you last week, wondering if you'd left us for good. I miss your words. So I am happy to see you appear in my feeds once more.

I see your mochas with gingerbread lattes. Mmm. grande style, indeed.

xoxox

Saturday, December 15, 2012 9:53:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin McKeever said...

In your absence, the blogosphere has grown suckier. Coincidence? I think not.

Sunday, December 16, 2012 1:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh your mind is attractive. Really, kind of hot, actually. Good to see your echoes out here again.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:15:00 AM  
Anonymous twobusy said...

Squirted?

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:02:00 PM  
Blogger Homemaker Man said...

The answer to Levine in bed is very flexible. He's way into yoga. I don't know why I know that.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home