...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

'under my umbrella...ella...ella...eh...eh...eh'

For rolling your eyes at me and laughing when I asked you to call me your shawty. And for rolling your eyes again after I had to tell you what a shawty was. And especially for just skipping the slang and calling me your fine ass woman.

For the way you stick out the tip of your tongue and take a rockstar stance when you think no one is watching you play Guitar Hero III. I see you, superstar, and I'm totally plotting ways to get backstage after the show.

For the way you can fire off a little catnap at church without concern of who sees you. Whether we're in the front row or clear in the back, when you're tired, you're tired, and I respect that.

For thinking you can sit right down next to me on the couch and watch the Season 4 premiere of Lost - the first full episode you've ever watched, btw - and actually think you have everything figured out! Just by watching it and asking me three questions (Which, let me thank you again for waiting for commercial breaks to ask them. And yes, the numbers they're always rattling off DO have significance!). Paybacks come in the form of a little infatuation of yours you like to call Battlestar Galactica, my friend.

For letting me use you as a foot stool even though you seem to have an aversion to rubbing my feet, which is the sole purpose (get it!? sole purpose? feet? hi-freakin'-larious!!)

For shaking what God gave you at me all the time, and for grinning like a lovesick teenager everytime you see me without a shirt on.

For our long distance conversations where you totally miss the point when I ask you what you're wearing (rawr!) and you respond with some completely out there in the universe remark about the weather.

For keeping the truck running in the driveway in the middle of January just so I can act out Mr. Roboto when it comes on the radio.

For always asking "Want me to suck you?" when you get the vacuum out, and for thinking I'm equally as hilarious when I respond, "Depends. Show me your hose."

For going all out for me and hitting the Kum & Go when I'm acting all 'crack addict in need of a fix' for a delicious 44 ounce Diet Mountian Dew from the fountain. With crushed ice, please. Thank you.

For the matinees - both the real ones and the ones filled with double entendre and lots of rolling around. My, but we've seen some good ones lately.

For sending me a three word email consisting of the phrase "ACCIDENT. I'm OK." and then letting me stress for another hour and a half until I heard from you.

For everything I loved about you last year (except for maybe that part about not spilling about what happened on Heroes because, well, obviously I worked days during this season's run so we could watch episodes together, but honestly, it got to the point where I simply didn't care as much because wow, this season sucked!), I love you for it more this year. Wait. The underwear folding thing. I gave it some thought over the year. I don't really love the annoying way you fold your underwear, but I always take deep breaths as I watch you, and sometimes I bite the side of my mouth to keep myself from saying anything.

For these things and many, many more I dig ya, my husband. You're good people. You make me good people, too, just by loving me back.

Even if you won't call me your shawty...but you will. Oh, you most definitely will...

Labels:

27 Comments:

Blogger Sailor said...

What a great way to tell him, and the world, how you feel about him.

Just makes you even more shawty, I think. (Shawtier? Whatever.)

Thursday, February 14, 2008 12:01:00 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

I giggled and giggled and blushed and giggled some more when I read this. I love it. I was going to do some "Big Daddy my heart pumps big love for you" post for valentines, but it just isn't coming to me. Maybe it is because he is in the middle of his man period right now, oh well, I am sure it's nothing a good make out session can't fix.

You are so funny and I have to say, I love the way you write...in fact I think I love you...yes... yes I do love you different girl...you rock my world. You say things like "down there" and you write in ways that make me giggle all day. You're my blog hero! (*)

Thursday, February 14, 2008 1:09:00 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Finally I know what shawty means! Thanks! Battlestar Galactica rocks! Can wait for the new, and final, season to start.

Great post girl. You and your old man are one lucky couple!

Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:31:00 AM  
Blogger Desmond Jones said...

Awwww. . . You guys are so sweet. Really. My heart just warmed up by at least 5 degrees. . .

Fortunately, I have me some urban teenagers in my house, so I'm all up on the 'shorty' thing (that's how white parents say it. . .)

Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:42:00 AM  
Blogger Bunny said...

Awww, romantic and loving without being saccharine. Happy Valentine's Day to you both!

Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:50:00 AM  
Blogger FTN said...

Wait... you mean we are supposed to fold our underwear?

Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:05:00 AM  
Blogger Bogart said...

The vacuum line is worth a million bucks!!!

I enjoyed this post!

Thursday, February 14, 2008 3:34:00 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

y'all so sweet. give me a toothache.

so this is what true love is all about huh? sounds wonderful. 'cept that whole shakin your money maker thing-cause well, that was a visual i didnt need.

enjoy your love fest you two.

oh and adam--he calls me shawty.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:49:00 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

A simply wonderful post. Can't say more than that, except to wish you and the Underwear Folder a very happy Valentine's Day.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:56:00 PM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

That was great. Almost makes me wanna go and write a post for my Hubs....nahhhhh, i'm to lazy!!! lol

Thursday, February 14, 2008 6:21:00 PM  
Blogger Laura B. said...

Awesome post....you definitely had me blushing and fearing I was a strange voyeur in your house...but it's all good. Oh..and I'm glad to know now the definition of "shawty". Happy Valentine's Day!

Thursday, February 14, 2008 7:36:00 PM  
Blogger Bee said...

Okay not sappy at all, I didn't vomit in my mouth a little bit, not even once.
BTW, I was called a shawty and thought 2 things:
I was being called a shorty or shoddy. No I feel bad for slapping him upside the head. ;o)

Happy V-Day!

Thursday, February 14, 2008 7:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, i loved this! great tribute to yo' man, shawty!

whatta man whatta man whatta mighty good man!!-to quote a lil' Salt-n-pepa on this fabulous friday morn.

Have a good one, G!

Friday, February 15, 2008 6:50:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Just for heading to the Kum & Go....that makes him so so so HOT!

Happy Belated Valentine's Day! MWAH!

Friday, February 15, 2008 6:51:00 AM  
Blogger Roland Hulme said...

Cute post! That's really sweet. How do you act out Mr Roboto? I'm from a culturally backwards place called England and je ne comprends pas.

Friday, February 15, 2008 7:14:00 PM  
Blogger 1blueshi1 said...

awwwwww....

Saturday, February 16, 2008 7:47:00 AM  
Blogger you da mom! said...

that is so cute! he better have read this!

Saturday, February 16, 2008 11:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett said I should read this yesterday, and boy was she right. I can relate to so many of the things you listed. Of course, she likes Root Beer instead of Diet Dew, but I will sleep in church, and I'm not afraid to get my tongue involved in anything that takes concentration. Very cute post, made me laugh out loud more than twice.

Saturday, February 16, 2008 5:07:00 PM  
Blogger Biscuit said...

Kum & Go...I had a short-lived thing with a guy who did that.

Saturday, February 16, 2008 6:18:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

HA! LOFL @ biscuit! :)

Saturday, February 16, 2008 7:27:00 PM  
Blogger Silicon Nitride Balls said...

Hey FADKOG, can we get a video of that Mr. Roboto performance?

Ya know, Biscuit, that I wouldn't pry. I don't even want to know the TMI regarding your past partners (neither one of 'em...). But this "Kum and Go" dude sounds even kinkier than me. (As usual, whatever you want, baby...I think....)

But I just gotta know - are we talkin' number one or number two?

Sunday, February 17, 2008 12:32:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

oh my. this is really really wonderful. It hit me where it hurts, which is a good thing. I am VERY happy for you both that you have this. =)

Sunday, February 17, 2008 1:39:00 PM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

Sailor - Totally shawtier. Totally!

Scarlett - Oh, I blushed and giggled and giggled and blushed when I read those nice words you wrote to me! You had me at 'bagina,' dear!

Chuck - That old man of mine is on the edge of his seat, waiting for the final season of Battlestar Galactica to start. I suspect he'll forget I'm his shawty as soon as that first moment of the show starts!

Des - We can be a little cavity-inducing sweet. Probably like if I found a hidden box of Turtles and got a cavity sweet!

Bunny - Thank you! We can be a little too sweet sometime, but nothing artificial!

FTN - You get a pass on the folding of the underwear, Farmer Ted.

Bogart in P Towne - Thank you! He was pretty proud of himself when he came up with that one! Thanks for coming around and reading, and for the comment. I've silently lurked around your place for awhile. I'll stop in and knock sometime soon!

kimmyk - Hey shawty! Sometimes seeing him flopping his money maker around, or popping out his little chick flick-induced girl boobies gives me a visual I can't bear, too!

Melissa - Thank you! I watched him fold his underwear tonight and it was as magical - and frustrating - as the first time!

Choppzs - Feel free to copy anything here that might apply!

laura b. - Another lovely new face! Thanks for stopping through and letting me know you were here. Sometimes we're kind of boring here, so the voyeurism isn't that exciting, so I hope that doesn't deter you from coming around again!

Bee - I know, gross, right?! Hope you two had a not shoddy Valentine's Day, too!

Katie - Thanks for planting a little Salt n Pepa in my head before bed! "Get up on this..." Thanks for the kind words! Have a great week!

Nan - Tool Man is smokin' hot! Sizzlin' Quenchin' my thirst at the Kum and Go all the time. Woo hoo!

Roland - I act out the dramatic stylings of Dennis DeYoung in the video for Mr. Roboto. I'm not a proud person! Hopefully you'll forgive me that and come around again sometime!

1blueshi1 - I know! It's so totally awwwwww!

you da mom! - He got filled in on the highlights. There may have been humbled delight shown!

Big Daddy - I'm glad you're a good husband and do the things Scarlett suggests. She's good people, as are you, with your church napping and concentrated tongue. Feel free to hop by anytime!

biscuit - My maddening girl crush on your grew ten-fold with this comment. I laughed out loud and wondered who I could call to share this one with!

Nan - It was totally SNORT! worthy, that one!

Silicon Nitride Balls - I think if you watch the intense acting of Mr. DeYoung in the actual video of Mr. Roboto, you'll get a pretty good idea of my acting! I need no photographic or video evidence of my attempts out there in the world!

Lisa - Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to read and say that. Hope to see you around here again!

Sunday, February 17, 2008 10:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is the coolest declaration of love...

think i'll read it again, actually.

Monday, February 18, 2008 8:06:00 AM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

Angie - Thank you! Yeah!! to see you here, too!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 7:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good JOb! :)

Sunday, July 06, 2008 6:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, December 03, 2009 10:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home