what i am is what i am
To prove that I'm not just a spinning orb of whining and raging sexiness, I'm dedicating this post to six things about myself that are uninteresting. Sadly, coming up with six things that meet that criteria wasn't that difficult. In fact, some of you may be inclined to refer back to the nearly 300 prior posts around here and say, "See? The times where you talked about your panties? Lame. And let's not forget your obsession with monkeys. That's just silliness!"
To which I say at least be nice when you say those things, please, and thank you for not rubbing in the fact that I'd like to rub my fact into Kevin Federline as exhibit A on your list of my uninterestingness!
One moment please....
Ok, to task. I was asked to do this post by Mandy, and apparently it's one of those tags that is circling the blog world. With no further preamble, sit back, shake your head, and mutter "Hmmph. Uninteresting!" at the following:
- When I can't sleep and we have power at the castle, I'll lay in bed, look at the popcorn ceiling, and try to make out odd faces and shapes. I truly believe the face of Jesus is looking down upon me from the corner near where I toss my sensible shoes when I get undressed. In the middle of the room is a trio of clowns. After my eyes blur and I glance back up at ceiling Jesus, praying to him not to take my vision from me, I stay awake wondering how cool it would be to have an actual popcorn ceiling.
- When I was 11, I won a roller skating party for my class by being able to name the Little River Band's song Reminiscing in three notes. Yeah. I was just that cool.
- I feel obligated to finish every book I read, even if I decide the book sucks. Perhaps you'd feel that way, too, if you worked in a bookstore and thought the books would come to life and exact their revenge upon you if you didn't finish what you started. Maybe not. Maybe that last sentence should be it's own entry on this list. Anyway, I bought this book nearly three years ago, started reading it about a year later (eh, not my typical genre), and I have only 2 chapters left to finish it. Alas, I've not touched it in two years. I will, eventually, because the pages of books? I think they talk to each other, and dying via paper cut isn't my cup of tea.
- I still have the sweater I wore the night I met Tool Man. It's a hideous, long, salmon-colored monstrosity, and it's not like he touched me while I had it on or anything, but the fact that, out of everything, HE remembers what I wore that night made it special enough for me to save.
- I twirl and twist my hair almost constantly. It's a habit I've had since childhood, and used to be something I only did when I was tired or bored, but now I do it all the time, and I figure it beats smoking, which I've never done, ever.
- Magicians annoy me. Their stage banter is lame. Just once, magic man, how about not putting up the screen when the (finger quotes) blades (finger quotes) allegedly rip into your torso. Abracadabra. I think you suck.
Not you, of course. You all don't suck. I know that time I wrote about the pros and cons of being a vampire kind of sucked, but in all honesty, hello? It was a post about vampires! It was supposed to suck!
I'm sure I'm supposed to tag others to share their uninteresting qualities, but I typically find by the time I ever get these and get around to doing them, everyone else who publishes a blog has done it, so I'll just leave it to you to do with as you see fit in the event I'm not the last one.
Then leave me lots of nice, rambly comments, lest I whine again!
Labels: are you what you are or what?