...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Monday, February 08, 2010

where do we go now...

If there is anything more wonderful than rocking to Guns and Roses' fantastic mini-opus, Sweet Child O' Mine, with your young son while waiting for the school bus on a Monday morning fraught with snow and cold and wind and oh, yes, more snow, I'd be hard pressed to imagine what it could be, and bear in mind that mine is a kid who already orchestrates our walks to the corner by making us hum the theme to Indiana Jones and the Imperial March from Star Wars on alternating days.

The kid, well, he took the Slash parts. Who can blame him? That opening is borderline iconic. Me? Totally Axl. Because I like to pretend I can sing, but mostly because teaching my sidekick Axl's swaying dance moves was also an ideal excuse for me to try and stay warm while the wind whipped its 27 degree fingers around me (hey, Mother Nature, when are you taking us back to where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky?).

Did I say I'd be hard pressed to imagine anything more awesome? Well, I take that back. Our encore number? Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. Any way the wind blows (and it's totally blowing on this Monday morning)(in fact, you might say it sends shivers down my spine) doesn't really matter to me.

You'd totally want to tour with us.

Labels:

27 Comments:

Anonymous TwoBusy said...

As the prophet Nigel Tufnel might've said: How much more awesome could this post be? The answer is none. None the more awesome.

Monday, February 08, 2010 9:14:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Monday, February 08, 2010 9:31:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i will no longer feel silly when monkey and i sing AND dance in the car. especially to sweet caroline.
"reaching out, touching me, touching you! sweet caroline. BA BA BA!"

Monday, February 08, 2010 9:32:00 AM  
Blogger justmakingourway said...

Both our kids are into Queen's "We Will Rock You"

When it comes on Pixie exclaims, "It's the we will, we will song!"

Man, I love Sweet Child O' Mine. What a great song.

Monday, February 08, 2010 9:44:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

My daughter told me the other day that she didn't like Sweet Child O' Mine. It crushed me.

Monday, February 08, 2010 9:44:00 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Encore! Encore!!

Monday, February 08, 2010 9:45:00 AM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

The imperial march...really? are you Darth FADKOG

Monday, February 08, 2010 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Bijoux said...

You Rock, FADKOG....you just do!

Monday, February 08, 2010 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger Christina Lee said...

So awesome FADKOG!!! I'm with ya on Bohemian Rapsody: "Momma..."

Monday, February 08, 2010 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

I think you are the coolest mom ever. Seriously.

Monday, February 08, 2010 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

"Doesn't really matter. . ."

But. . . what if it DOES?!?

Monday, February 08, 2010 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin McKeever said...

How 'bout a little BB Good? 1-2-3-4 ...

Monday, February 08, 2010 1:37:00 PM  
Blogger The Savage said...

Now you gotta teach him to sing One night in Bangkok!
Bangkok, oriental setting
but the city don't know where the city is getting....

Monday, February 08, 2010 3:21:00 PM  
Blogger msprimadonna67 said...

You just can't beat Bohemian Rhapsody. That's a car-concert fav for me and my brood.

Monday, February 08, 2010 3:34:00 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

My little rocker likes "Bicycle" too.

Monday, February 08, 2010 3:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, February 08, 2010 4:06:00 PM  
Blogger Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Aw, sounds like an amazing concert! He's got good taste, must get it from his mom.

Monday, February 08, 2010 5:01:00 PM  
Blogger AiringMyLaundry said...

Love Bohemian Rhapsody. Now I have the song in my head.

Monday, February 08, 2010 10:43:00 PM  
Blogger Zip n Tizzy said...

"I love Rock n Roll" is T's favorite song and I'm sure he would gladly sing it in the snow with you.

Now I've got Sweet Child O' Mine stuck in my head mixed in with the Imperial March as the bridge. That would make an interesting sample.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 1:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 4:08:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Not a bad start but c'mon, where's Layla in all of this?

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 12:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur with TwoBusy.

I would totally be your groupie. Just remember, you can't really dust for vomit.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 2:07:00 PM  
Blogger Homemaker Man said...

'mornin'. Found you through AHAU. I would burst with pride if my kids marched anywhere to the Imperial March. And the Axl shimmy is a great way to keep warm.

Thursday, February 11, 2010 6:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope if I'm ever a mom, I'm as fun as you.

Thursday, February 11, 2010 8:49:00 AM  
Blogger Erika said...

I hope you guys also did some minor head-banging during the bridge of Bohemian Rhapsody.

Thursday, February 11, 2010 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger bernthis said...

Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd.(or however the hell you spell) THAT beats Axl or Slash anyday.

Thursday, February 11, 2010 5:39:00 PM  
Blogger lime said...

the limelets and i have been known to do the wayne and garth in the car bit during bohemian rhapsody.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 8:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home